Let's talk about Trump

In a perfect world you would be right, however the dirty prosecutor has a bag of many tricks. I was going to say you could write a book on the subject, but Sidney Powell already did (years ago before Trump).

I’ll give you a few of the common ones. Withholding exculpatory evidence, it seems they did this in Sidney Powells case and the first time I noticed this I thought thd prosecutors would get in trouble but I was shocked to learn they dont snd its all too common.

Another one is the process is the punishment, the DOJ may have unlimited resources but your average person doesnt fighting the DOJ will bankrupt most people, they plea to make it stop.

I didn’t even touch on the really dirty tactics of prosecutors like Weissmann who go after familly members to increase leverge or plain making up laws that dont exist by stitching multiple laws together.

In short, if you are in the sights of malicious prosecutor in the US, you’re pretty fucked, even if you are innocent!

Thats why I maintain the US legal system is in need of a major overhaul.

4 Likes

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4268833-trump-ad-hilary-clinton-brainwashed-voters/

1 Like

Their universal strategy. Drain the bank account.

Waking up to a severed horse head at the foot of your bed. Same message.

Accountability is absolutely necessary to repair this shit show. Please share your thoughts as to how to police this systemic problem. :clinking_glasses:

You could increase the budget and number of public defenders, but Republican politicians are strongly opposed.

1 Like

Someone is old enough to recognize what I am talking about is a left wing talking point since it disproportionatly affects poor people.

@MikeN1 solution (and analysis) is just one for which there are many, it points to the system of courts as a bottleneck for which overcharging provides a release.

A solution to this bottle neck according to @MikeN1 will be to increase public defenders.

Its the basis for a discussion, but as of late many on the left seem to have forgotten their principles in favor of tribalism.

1 Like

The sources said Meadows informed Smith’s team that he repeatedly told Trump in the weeks after the 2020 presidential election that the allegations of significant voting fraud coming to them were baseless, a striking break from Trump’s prolific rhetoric regarding the election.

According to the sources, Meadows also told the federal investigators Trump was being “dishonest” with the public when he first claimed to have won the election only hours after polls closed on Nov. 3, 2020, before final results were in.

Meadows mans up.

If only there were a presidential candidate who was all over this and put his ass on the line just after the 2020 erection when it was really unpopular.

Oh wait,

So did this guy.

IMG_0922

Right the New Jersey bridge guy…a real man of integrity.

Seems he likes Swedish things too

If you know who Robert Kagan is then this article from him needs little more in way of an introduction, if not and briefly he is a prominent talking head from the establishment in his own right, he is also husband to another prominent establishment figure who served both left and right administrations, Victoria Nuland.

Indeed reading this article there is no world Kagan imagines the establishment types working with Trump ever. Stop him by any means, legal or illegal and failing that, like in 2016 every estabishment type signing up for his administration should be with an eye to block his every move. To hell with democracy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/11/30/trump-dictator-2024-election-robert-kagan/

Not that a give a shit about Trump, or have been following this trial, but the NY AG is really stretching here.

She wants 250$ million for a crime that wasn’t committed and inflated assets that the banks themselves didn’t object to?

Ok, you go girl.

1 Like

Looks like Glenn Greenwald also found the Robert Kagan article I linked , although mistakenly IMO writes off its significance as hysterical writing.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1731362577660166292

edit/ To add one more take and I got this impression too, the establishment basically admitting legal methods to remove Trump have failed and giving a green light to the illegal or any means including assassination.

Here it comes: TDS, the sequel… :sweat_smile:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1734679864152625626

3 Likes

Yep they are really pushing hard that a vote for Trump is a vote for Armageddon. Also Civil War apparently, as the new movie trailer has come out, and it’s pretty clear who are the “good guys”. Oh and there’s chatter about that Obama produced movie “leave the world behind”, I’m sure there’s some TDS woven into that as well.

It’s incredible how much money and effort goes into an agenda and narrative.

2 Likes

Lol, thats their job, to drive people insane over the topic of Trump and they know it.

Wag the dog and they are the tail and couldn’t wag any harder if threy tried.

1 Like

So far, I’ve only seem the systemic racism clip. I’m sure it’s in there though.

Now I’ll have to finish it. All I know so far is they made Julia Roberts into some megabitch. She might have thought, of kewlz, I can play the bad guy.

Great job casting if you pop balloons.

Great ad:
A Man Of Memes on X: “I’ll just leave this here… https://t.co/T04BwAMR7v” / X (twitter.com)

1 Like

New narrative “Trump is Hitler” is being pushed, I noticed this for a while but a couple of days ago watching CNN and Kaitlan Collins pushed the narrative 3 times in about 10 seconds was so unnatural forced and contrived it was an obvious narrative, seems like I’m not the only one to notice.

In other news, Colorado Supreme Court kicks Trump off ballot.

Lol @ American Democracy. The decision will now go to the Supreme court of the USA, wait for the next left and media push wailing for Clarance Thomas to recuse himself. I suspect many watching are thinking “this is not how democracy is supposed to work”. :grinning:

1 Like

You know, for how terribly and openly corrupt Trump is, for how much of a conman and pathological liar he is, for how he so openly adulates (and parrots) Putin and lavishes praise on other dictators unflinchingly…it truly amazes me how Trump has been able to get as far as he has unscathed. Trump festering for as long as he has in the political sphere, causing untold levels of damage to America’s branding, among other things, is truly a testimony to how tolerant the United States has become of domestic enemies. Really a miracle he hasn’t been snuffed out yet – we all know he has been basically begging for persecution for quite some time now. It’s like the gov took Waco as a case study, and perhaps are over-correcting now. I don’t think it outlandish at all to believe that, if Trump acted the way he did in many other (developed, modern) countries, he would have been taken out of the running (via means legal or illegal) long, long ago.

See, you bring up an interesting point, but the main takeaway is you have no idea “why” and that is kind of important to understanding the situation.

You’ve had about 8 years to think that question over and frankly if you listen to the media reasoning on that question its insulting and risible.

But glad to see you asking the right questions.

I think he will be if not metaphorically quite literally.

1 Like