Let's talk about Trump's taxes.

I’m curious to know why he had them. But then again, I had a bank account in China once. Nothing like me trading Taiwans secrets was going on.

For US persons, foreign bank accounts need to be reported to the IRS if there’s over 10k at any point. So it would seem to me that if it was reported those aren’t the accounts that were doing anything bad unless he was that stupid.

It’s the accounts that we wouldn’t know about. If we found bank accounts linked to him not reported, that would be a major smoking gun.

Wow, look at all the hubbub about Trump’s taxes.

Meh.

There’s not really anything to talk about:

• He donated $0 to charity despite saying he would donate his entire salary as president
  • He paid anything from no taxes to a buttload of taxes, depending on the year.

People will either look at that information and say “yup, more confirmation that he’s the scumbag we always knew he was” or say “who cares? Not paying taxes makes him smart. I wish I could be smart like him, but I don’t have any money to hide and get around tax loop holes like him”. There isn’t much in between.

Sure there is, just no one wants to know what it is bad enough to chase it down.

That’s a smear. He did donate his salary for three of the four years he was POTUS. He didn’t for whatever reason in year four. He was under zero obligation to do it. I imagine he thought he’d be heralded. Nope. Do you hold that against him? That he didn’t donate MORE?

That’s probably why no one wants to know any more. It’s the same reason no one wants to know more about Nancy Pelosi’s taxes. It’s the power elite. They’re all pricks.