Levi's quality

i got Levis in Costco in Taiwan, lasted about 4 or 5 years.
Gap jeans lasted similar time, but more comfortable for me.

are the clothes Japanese sizes? or they have also Western sizes ?

Everlane is like an “anti fast fashion” brand that I would say is just “rather pricy fast fashion that pretends to be ethical”. They started off making T-shirts and expanded to everything else clothing. I looked into ordering for shipping to Taiwan, but for something like jeans, I dont want to play returns and exchanges roulette. So I ordered them while in the US. With jeans you also have to be careful because there’s this problem where sometimes they only sell “trendy” jeans, so one day a 28” inseam is all they have and the next it’s a 34” inseam. But ive had problems were ive suddenly felt nauseous with no clear cause many times in the past and then realized the stench (caused by chemicals) of my pants was the culprit, which didn’t happen with these. They also have Taiwan listed as a country, which is a thumb up in my book.

1 Like

Thank you for all the comments. I did not expect this thread to get a lot of replies. Looks like Uniqlo jeans is a better substitute for Levi’s? Also cheaper.

I ordered Levi jeans from ebay from a UK seller, very low prices even with shipping.

Problem is Taiwan weather is not jean friendly. I also hate thin stretchy jeans. I want my jeans to be fairly thick and sturdy.

I’d say if you don’t want to spend a lot more for the higher quality Japanese denim brands go for something like Uniqlo, or whatever other fast fashion brand fits best as they’re all much the same.

1 Like

are the sizes reliable? they say Levi’s has problems with the consistency of their sizes.

I find I have to wear size 36 but this can vary from 34 to 36. I just buy 36 now and use a sewing machine to tighten it if necessary.

problem for me is I can never find my damn size here in Taiwan.
Many US sites that do ship here, force you to the Taiwan version of their site which only carries sizes that dont fit me…yet their US site has my size but wont ship here.

Freaking madness…

1 Like

I manage to find my size in Costco, and aince Amazon started shipping free above 60USD i use them too.
i stick to brands i know the size will fit me,but its been good enough so far.

If you are referring to what’s in stock at 2nd Street shops in Taiwan, it varies. They do like Japanese brands (as I do too), so Japanese sizes there—but they also have a range of other clothes including Levi’s and international brands. It’s luck of the draw! You just need to have a look.

Guy

I got a pair of Pull and Bear skinny jeans near the 101 there, they’ve done okay, they haven’t turned into parachutes like a lot of others, and the material seems pretty good. The pockets are fraying a tiny bit after a couple of years. I like the comments about second hand, wish that sort of stuff was more available in Taiwan. Culturally they seem a little ixnay on second hand stuff in Taiwan.

Just tell them it’s from Japan. Then attitudes start to change. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes