LGBTQ+ Pride Parade 2022 - October 29

Liberalization of travel rules seem to be coming just in time!

Guy

2 Likes

Sans masks?

1 Like

Lots of masked participants at that event anyways.

Don’t get your hopes up! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

Well it’s not quite like Sydney where they literally parade in fetish groups. :high_heel:

1 Like

At least I’ll get to wear some rainbow coloured masks that I bought for the occasion. :laughing:

4 Likes

As Taiwan marks Pride Month, more than 100 cyclists completed a 200km ride to raise money for LGBTQ charities.

https://www.asiarainbowride.com/en-2022-ride-details/

2 Likes

Doesn’t look promising for this event weather wise

1 Like

Time to get out the rainbow coloured umbrellas! :rainbow: :rainbow:

1 Like

What has evolved beyond 2019 when same-sex marriage was unprecedentedly legalized in Taiwan, the first nation in so doing in Asia? Under the surface how does LGBT+ community feel in relation to the society we reside in? What do people regardless of nationality, profession, age, etc. from Taiwan’s LGBT+ community say about what more needs be done?

All these you can watch in our upcoming series of Taiwan’s LGBT+ Pride Most Asked Question.

00:00 Introduction of Interviewees
00:43 Q1: Describe how you are treated in everyday life for being LGBT+
02:19 Q2: Does the LGBT+ community enjoy the same privileges as cisgender/heterosexual people in Taiwan?
03:51 Q3: What has changed in Taiwan after same-sex marriage was legalized?
05:39 Q4: What should Taiwan do better down the path?
08:02 Q5: What is your ideal world to live in?
09:47 Post-credits Scenes

4 Likes

As Taiwan’s annual Pride parade celebrates its 20th birthday this year, an exhibition in Taipei looks back on the rise of what has become Asia’s biggest LGBTQ event.

4 Likes

So it starts at midnight it ends at 9:47 a.m.?

Oh I thought that was sone kind of a parade event schedule or something, not the schedule of the video.

1 Like
3 Likes

Now I get what you were asking.

I posted timestamps for different parts of the video. So one can just watch the parts one is more interested in.

Where is the parade being held?

1 Like

City Hall! The march ended, but there are still shows going on at Citi Hall.

3 Likes

Phew! I’m working in Taipei today and have to drive home.

1 Like

Happy to see how people can express who they are in Taiwan and that so many companies supported the event.

2 Likes

You can expect some traffic!

My drive home was fine.

Some photos from the Pride Parade in the rain, with spirits undampened.

Source: https://twitter.com/taiwanreporter/status/1586615839465570304

Guy

4 Likes