License plate

Anybody ever have to get a new license plate for one that was lost or stolen? That’s what I need and I’d just like to know the cost and where to go. I’m assuming it’s the same place you go for registration.

It’s for a motorcycle (150 cc), if that makes any difference. And I live in southern Taiwan.

Cheers :notworthy:

I once applied for a new license plate for one that was stolen, and yes, it is to be applied for at the same place as registration. I got mine in Taipei at the Badu Taipei Motor Vehicles and Registration Office, and you will have one locally where you live, probably in or near your nearest city. It couldn’t have cost much or anything at all back in the day when I applied, and the page below seems to indicate that it doesn’t cost anything for change of registration, but a few hundred for the new plate itself. You will have to take the vehicle for an examination before they will pass it for a new registration plate, you can do this at the same centre and will usually only take a short time as the safety checks are minimal and only take a few minutes per vehicle.

For a list of requirements for application see Here (Taipei Office)

Excellent response. Thank you. I was afraid that a new plate would run me in the thousands for some reason. I saw a post a while ago that talked about new plates but I think that was for registration of a big bike.

Anyway, I’ll go and get the new plate this week and report back on the process. The info might come in handy for a few people. Cheers. :sunglasses:

Anytime! Glad to be of assistance.