Life on Mars found?

Scientists claim life has been discovered.

2 Likes

What they don’t know yet, is that these are the sentient mushrooms that were flying the UFOs on those declassified tapes! The truth is out there, Scully!!

They don’t have the details you would see on terrestrial mushrooms unfortunately . They look more like rocks formed from some chemical process to me. The one that is shedding looks like a rock that is undergoing exfoliation (the outer layer peeling off due to wind aerosion and temperature changes ).

1 Like

images (2)

5 Likes

Well I kind of studied this stuff so…You are asking a mechanic to not comment about a blurry engine pic…And wanting him to say it’s a FI engine somebody found on the trash heap. :grin::sunglasses:
I’d be the first to get excited if I could see something to get excited about. Still remember the day when they announced the Mars meteorite findings which are still interesting.

1 Like

Just wait until they find some magic mushrooms​:rofl::sunglasses:

It’s neither unfortunate–they’d probably be itching to piss away 18 trillion dollars to go pick some–or enjoyable–they’d probably put us in The Last of Us if they actually got back here. IMO

Plot twist: those UFOs were the sentient mushrooms!

Where exactly is this claim?

3-8mm.

So, on the whole entire planet, we land the helicopter next to the infinitesimally small specs of life? I think we’ve discovered bullshit on Earth…again.

I have no opinion on the matter but it would seem quite possible that if mars was more moist in past times and if it .had life, it wouldnt just be located in one spot. So landing and digging places might uncover life easily if it were in existence before. If a craft came to earth 1 billion years later and earth was dry and.cold, it wouldbt be that hard to find.life as w currently jnow the entire globe is covered in it.

So it probably shouldnt be looked at as if they just happened to find the only place with fossils. But rather, they lookex and found fossils which are more likely to be far more common.

Or it’s a bunch of tiny tiny windblow round rocks.

Thats why i have no opinion, i have no idea and likely never will. my post was directed at your other point :wink:

Which was… that if they were searching for life they’d chose the place they thought best suited to find it?

I thought that was your point! Lol

Haha, round and round we go. Sorry, To clarify, my point is that if there were moisture around that planet, and if life existed, it would likely be found world wide, not just in a certain spec they happened to land on. Without doubt they choose their landing sites carefully based on numerous factors. Discovery of life being one of them. But if say fungi.or bacteria were on mars, it seems likely it was growing globally in any valley that suited. Not just where the rover “happened to land” type conspiracy stories.

But again, not saying it is proof of life. I am ignorant as anyone on mars, just commenting.on relation to earth like life and how unlikely it would be for all life to live in a small area only. I am equally intrigued by the rock/mineral theory. Just saying if its life…

My opinion is if life is found on Mars it’ll be microbial.

Also how do they establish that it was not microbial contamination from Earth?

Yes I know there are very strict sterilization protocols with any spacecraft, probes, or satellites, but that doesn’t mean stuff don’t get missed or somehow germs slip past the sterilization (and even possibly germs in the upper atmosphere when fairings come off after reaching a parking orbit). So if the only life you find is in the small area that happens to be where the rover landed, and nowhere else, and there’s nothing the landing site is different than elsewhere on Mars, I’d say it would be terrestrial contamination.

I looked up the “scientist” who discovered these mushrooms.

Dr. Rhawn Joseph is a real scientist. His PhD is in neroscience. But he quit his job as a professor of neropsychology to found cosmology.com.

Because, you know, psychology and cosmology are SO similar.

After a previous discovery, he filed a court order because NASA didn’t take him seriously:

After the dust settled, it turned out that a rock had fallen:

If you ask me, this guy doesn’t have that great of a track record.

2 Likes

Liked the Onion reply to the “Face on Mars” story: “NASA scientists have confirmed that the ‘Face on Mars’ is not real. “Its just an optical illusion caused by sunshine reflecting of the spaceship hulls of the Rigellian war fleet,” a spokesman said.”

3 Likes

Old news

(1176) David Bowie – Life On Mars? (Official Video) - YouTube