Life on the Buses 2020+

Not as fun as K-man’s writing style.

CRAZED Evil Bus Driver (probably foreign) maniacally kills two innocent poor people by freestyling his bus on the sidewalk.

6 Likes

I want to know something, is it completely normal to get off a bus wanting to throw up? It happens to me many times. Not sure if it’s the driving style or the fumes… but about 1 out of 3 bus trips leaves me feeling very nauseous.

1 Like

Here its normal!!!
Inside the bus you need to be a tightrope walker

Taichung ending free 10km for non-Taichung ‘citizens’.

Free 10 km bus trips to end for non-Taichungers

“Starting January 1, the first 10 km free and NT$10 maximum charge on buses in Taichung is set to no longer apply to tens or hundreds of thousands of commuters.
After the new year starts, the policy will only apply to Taichungers.
The only exceptions will be students from other cities studying in Taichung, and foreign spouses–but not other foreign residents.
This, the city estimates, means the policy will no longer apply to 30% of passenger trips.
Two groups will be impacted significantly.
The hardest hit will be the foreign community, especially those that work in factories and as caregivers, whose salaries are low to begin with.
The other large impacted group will be commuters, especially the large number that live in Changhua, but work in Taichung.
Taichungers wishing to keep the discount however, will have to register their value added cards, and children under 12 will be issued their own special half price card.
According to the city, there are 130 million trips annually covered by the double ten policy.
It is costing the city NT$2.8 billion this year, which a city official referred to as “too high of a burden”.
In related transport news, all 18 MRT stations of the upcoming Taichung Green Line have received green construction certifications, meaning they are considered environmentally friendly.
The MRT is expected to launch in November or December.”

A GREAT way to increase traffic!

Unless they plan to increase bus services and make it better.

2 Likes

The only exceptions will be students from other cities studying in Taichung, and foreign spouses–but not other foreign residents.
This, the city estimates, means the policy will no longer apply to 30% of passenger trips.
Two groups will be impacted significantly.
The hardest hit will be the foreign community, especially those that work in factories and as caregivers, whose salaries are low to begin with.

As always, foreigners don’t count…

5 Likes

Time to ask my Taiwanese friends to register a card for me. Stupid ridiculous discriminatory policy but par for the course

A little update on bus routes in Tamsui, bus routes 857(Danhai-Banqiao) and R23(Danhai-Guandu), now terminates at LRT Shalun instead of Fisherman’s Wharf, probably due to the new LRT to Fisherman’s Wharf, seems to be a tactic to get more people into the LRT. For those who want to take the bus to Fisherman’s Wharf, use R26 from MRT Tamsui

1 Like

Bus drivers determined to drive in left hand lane between every bus stop during rush hour.

Blocking traffic in both lanes with horns honking as they try to get to left lane and next bus stop.

2 Likes

Can never understand this one unless their company objective is to bring as much misery as possible to other road users and their own passengers.

1 Like

They probably race to every stop collecting as many passengers as possible, they get a commission I guess.

Seems like the goal sometimes it’s to speed past bus stops if possible. Maybe they get commission by complete route quickly.

They must be. I heard stories where someone will get an easy card with all pass ticket on them and would scan on and off every other stop

Is this e-ink screen a thing now in Taiwan I haven’t seen them.

1 Like

I’ve seen them at various stations throughout the greater Taipei area.

I guess someone got some juicy contracts for this.

1 Like

Or they are simply cheaper to operate and use less hydro while providing the same thing? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Not everything has to be negative and corrupt.

If you notice some of them are solar powered. But I don’t see solar working that well in Taiwan as there’s so many cloudy days.

Solar works just fine.
Those displays require zero energy to display the information. They just need a bit of energy while the display updates and a small controller to receive the data, control the display.

If you are interested to learn about such displays, watch this video:

2 Likes

I hope one day they decide a unique design, each bus stop is different lol

Should be the face of the local Lizhang on the bus stop sign.

Jokes.

1 Like