Life on the MRT 2019

Both I guess. Maybe more suitable for this weather, cold water usage.

So when I am exiting the turnstiles at the station near my house, I notice there is a commotion on the main hall: a rat is desperately trying to find an exit, climbing up the stairs, zigzaging among the commuters, chased by a kid shouting enthusiastically as he is capturing the whole saga on his trusty phone. Wonder which tv station will receive the exclusive footage.

Zigzagging rats are the worst kind of rats.

Stop that zigzagging you rats.

He must have watched The In-Lawsā€¦

Dingpu construction of the San-Ying line, pillar foundation prep.

dingpu%20mrt%20construction

2 Likes

The Wangta line has also broken ground, yet the Circular line is still preppingā€¦

I have a question thatā€™s been puzzling me.

In Ximen MRT, like many MRT stations you have a huge line of people trying to use the escalator. Thatā€™s fine, but tell me why does EVERYONE want to use the escalator in the middle while ones on both ends of the platform seems empty and sounds like crickets? I mean a lot of time while 200 people are trying to use that one escalator and the ones at the end are basically slow due to a lack of people.

Which one is the Wangta Line?

More people tend to board in the center of the train. Then when they get off, they donā€™t want to walk all the way to the end of the platform.

Lazy thinking.

Follow everybody else. Donā€™t stand out. The group is right. The group is safe. The more people the better. Donā€™t think too much.

giphy-10

3 Likes

To the person standing right behind me on the escalator, Is it really that hard to leave an empty step between us? Youā€™re infringing on my personal space. I wish I could fart in your face.

Google tells them that is their route to the hotel.

We currently only have one elevator in the station, but when the new line opens, we will have two, with the second one closer to the nearby neighborhood hotel. Also, the escalators will be going up, instead of having just stairs, on that same exit. I bet people will still drag their suitcases on the stairs of the opposite exit because of Google.

Interestingly, most elevators are located at the extremes of where the train stops, front or tail.

Now, my pet peeve is still those parents that put the stroller, the bigger the better, on the escalator, in spite of clear signs of you really shouldnĀ“t do that. heck, when I travel with my kids, we do elevator all the way.

I seen a poster years ago telling old people and those with strollers to not use escalators. They put the escalator behind the old dude like itā€™s a tank trying to run him over.

Guilty as charged. My kids survived.

They have posters, loud announcement over the speakersā€¦ in from the right earā€¦

When I worked at Walmart they have those emergency exits that says in BIG RED LETTERS that an alarm will sound if you open it. People still do it.

Problem is the alarm continues until a manager who has the key can turn it off, and itā€™s very LOUD and annoying. Since they never seem to have enough managers to go around it can sometimes take half an hour for someone to shut it off.

Are you bragging?

thumb_they-pretended-to-work-at-gluten-walmart-they-pretended-to-16265139

1 Like

Iā€™m not. I actually have a WIN number.