Life on the MRT 2019

Interesting finding the winner = my opinion is make a program on swipe card entrance to read that particular number to catch the “winner”.

“GOT YAH”

With this they don’t have to plaster it on the wall.

I thought they had done that. They do that with the 7 million or 10 million tourist coming in. Surely a security camera caught the moment.

Weird isn´t it? I mean, by numbers, it works like the receipt lottery.

Yes, it is weird.
Besides it was easy to make short or run program to read all swipe cards they can catch the winner in seconds or probably they just want to spend some money printing those announcement.

Found!

3 Likes

Dear freckled The Mountain clone this morning on the MRT: you made my day and probably my week. :heart_eyes:

hey @BiggusDickus it looks like the guy doinking your wife just won a new laptop.

She only ever gives me a cookie.

So I notice that on the MRT not many guys find a seat when one becomes available, instead they are mostly occupied by ladies.

Is this an unwritten rule for the MRT?

The only unwritten rule I’ve noticed is nobody sits in the priority seats if they aren’t old, pregnant, etc., even if no one else is sitting in them.

Maybe women are just paying more attention to seats as they become available and swooping in because we tend to wear more uncomfortable shoes than men do.

The priority seat isn’t unwritten, it’s written all over and they can boot you out of the seats if the old man or pregnant lady is insistent enough.

I mean even when there’s no old person or pregnant person in sight. Still no one sits there.

The reason is, because if that was the only seat available, you will never know if the next stop is Geriatric Park and a bunch of old folks get on and you have to give up your seat. So if you have to give it up anyways why bother taking it? A lot of people would avoid sitting there if they could help it.

I never understand why Fuda MRT is so crowded though… for such a small MRT station it has almost as many people as Zhongshao Singsheng!

i for one like the priority seats unwritten rule. you basically never have to give your seat up if you don’t want to because there is usually a free one for the old folks. when i was living in shanghai i had to give my seat up all the time.

as for the women, i know if you are a couple you need to let the women sit. i took the seat myself once and my gf was livid. more so about her losing face i guess than actually needing to rest.

There is a facesitting joke somewhere in here…

1 Like

so you are saying… giving some face-sitting in this culture gives ‘face’ so thats why the girls here like it so much?

you said it not me!!

It’s an unwritten rule the world over, outside of some religions, that a gentleman gives up his seat to a lady.

3 Likes

I get to sit there soon!

What? Did you ever hear about feminism?

1 Like