Life on the MRT 2022

To be honest, that balloon wasn’t exactly going to take up the whole mrt. Its neck was slightly too long. Big deal.

Not worth arguing for an hour over.

Plus, that kid looks a little too big for a balloon.

1 Like

Fold it in half? Let some air out?

2 Likes

On the Taichung MRT? Probably not going to be that many people and even on the more crowded days. On the busy days I’ve been on it I’ve felt like there was still plenty of room.

1 Like

Yep. That neck looks like it can be folded.

No. That’s too difficult for some people.

Tick the box, don’t think outside it

Just a one hour argument and a balloon deflated under duress? No gang beating, no hospitalization, no hate campaign? Meh, first world. :cactus:

2 Likes

Puffy jackets should be banned on MRT.

Sat between 2 it was hell.

1 Like

Was once sat next to guy on a long flight wearing one. He was sweating his arse off but still kept it on. He also had a kid on his lap. By the end of the flight, the floor was basically a rubbish tip because he just threw half eaten snacks, drinks and even used tissues on the floor.

I hate those jackets because they remind me of that guy.

3 Likes

Why did you wear one on a long flight?

2 Likes

He didnt say he did.

I want to know why the flight was wearing a puffy jacket.

1 Like

It gets cold at 40000 feet

I was on the Orange Line the other day when all of the sudden, and for no apparent reason, everyone in my train car was a foreigner. I was so proud of the diversity I think I shed a tear.

2 Likes

Must be all the English teachers living in Yonghe going to work in Taipei.

1 Like

Talking about these puffer jackets, my wife asked me why so many foreigners wear the thin ones with blue jeans. It is basically the Northern European uniform.

1 Like

I didn’t specify which MRT system. This actually wasn’t in Taipei.

Did everyone kind of acknowledge each other or make eye contact or avoid?

Head over to the 2023 thread: Life on the MRT 2023

1 Like