Life's great! YAY!

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]1) Strawberry milkshake
2) er…
3) that’s it[/quote]

Same here.
Except without the strawberry milkshake.

Travelling to Zhuhai on Saturday night I left my pasport in a taxi, which resulted in four days in and out of cop shops, oodles of mind numbing paperwork, a trip to the Australian embassy in Guangzhou and leaping through every hoop the PRC cops threw my way. Finally returning to HK last night the local fools trimmed my visa to the length of my temporary pasport. This morning I’m told I have to deduct the three lost days from my piddling amount of annual leave.

All up I must be down around NT$20,000 - before factoring in the lost leave. Now I have visions of that slimey taxi driver (I paid him a handsome tip) trying to flog my passport, or worse still, sticking it to his crumby dirty walls in his shanty as the only colour and hint of optimism in his otherwise meaningless life.

Life sucks. Oh, I guess I’m still alive.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Travelling to Zhuhai on Saturday night I left my pasport in a taxi, which resulted in four days in and out of cop shops, oodles of mind numbing paperwork, a trip to the Australian embassy in Guangzhou and leaping through every hoop the PRC cops threw my way. Finally returning to HK last night the local fools trimmed my visa to the length of my temporary pasport. This morning I’m told I have to deduct the three lost days from my piddling amount of annual leave.

All up I must be down around NT$20,000 - before factoring in the lost leave. Now I have visions of that slimey taxi driver (I paid him a handsome tip) trying to flog my passport, or worse still, sticking it to his crumby dirty walls in his shanty as the only colour and hint of optimism in his otherwise meaningless life.

HG[/quote]

I hear you, bro.
See item the 3rd, below…

[quote=“TomHill”]
4) I get to spend a few hours with the lovely Erhu. (I hope she brings me a coke.)[/quote]

Thanks Tom. You’re lovely too! Is this just a ploy, to get a free coke? Well, it worked. I’ll bring one next time.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Travelling to Zhuhai on Saturday night I left my pasport in a taxi, which resulted in four days in and out of cop shops, oodles of mind numbing paperwork, a trip to the Australian embassy in Guangzhou and leaping through every hoop the PRC cops threw my way. Finally returning to HK last night the local fools trimmed my visa to the length of my temporary pasport. This morning I’m told I have to deduct the three lost days from my piddling amount of annual leave.

HG[/quote]

My condolences. Some years ago, a British mate of mine decided to take the Trans-Siberian Railway to China, and found himself in Moscow prior to departure. He goes out for dinner at a Chinese-owned pub, and strikes up a conversation with the pub owner. He’s feeling pretty good, using the Man-dar-in, feeling in his element. That is, until he passes out from the drug the pub owner slipped into his drink. He wakes up some hours later, shoeless, sockless (cash was hidden in sock), lying in a muddy field in sub-10 degree weather, somewhere outside of Moscow. Splitting headache, still drugged, badly manhandled (but anal virginity intact). No cash. Knocks on several doors. Nobody gives a fuck. Jumps into a taxi for a few minutes, until the driver decides he looks like he can’t pay, demands money, and then proceeds to beat the shit out of him when he can’t produce any. He finds another cab, gets within a kilometer of his hostel, and jumps out at a traffic stop. Makes it back to his hostel alive.

Curiously, the pub owner left him his passport. Something about a police crackdown on passport theft.

I’ve got five or ten of these kinds of stories for every story of someone doing something decent.

At least you’ve got yourself, and a few decent mates, eh? Seems that’s about all a person can ask for.

Okay, I think I feel better now.

Life is great! Y-y-y-y-y-y-y . . nope, not quite there.

Thanks.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Okay, I think I feel better now.

Life is great! Y-y-y-y-y-y-y . . nope, not quite there.

Thanks.

HG[/quote]

Well, the truth is that in general, people suck. Shall we raise a pint or two to that?
“To people, who suck ass!”

Humans–what a fucking worthless species (with a few exceptions, of course).

Things could be worse.