Liquid Bread Company

Liquid Bread Company has this great egg and pastrami sandwich that’s nice for breakfast and appear to have other nice food.

Open at 7:00 a.m.

2 Likes

Because it’s not a big chain, it needs its own topic and the food looks great and another Tango42 topic needs rescuing.

3 Likes

This place makes so many bomb ass sandwiches (my favorite one is the carnitas). This place would be good in the west, and the fact they have such a large variety and they all range from good to great is a feat within itself. Usually good sandwich places only have 1 or 2 specialties.

2 Likes

I admit I was a bit underwhelmed when I visited. When were you there?

Guy

1 Like

I order from there (via UberEats) whenever I’m in town. I’ve never been disappointed and have probably tried at least half the sandwiches on their menu (there are so many….).

1 Like

I second Drew. Liquid Bread Co. is pretty good sandwiches even by Western standard.

3 Likes

Best sandwiches I’ve had in Taiwan and I second the Carnitas being my favorite. My other go-tos are the chicken katsu and the cuban.

2 Likes

OK folks you are making the case. As a sandwich fan, I’ll have to swing by and give these guys another chance.

Guy

Even better than McDonalds?

2 Likes

So . . . Liquid Lovin It? :thinking:

Guy

My favourite so far is the Pastrami. But I’ll go try the Carnitas since so many people recommending it!

I’ve said this in other threads, but I used to go there fairly regularly until a couple of years ago then gradually stopped going because I thought the quality was going down. At least for the patty melt, which is what I’d usually order. Maybe I should try some of the other options.

Nowadays when I’m in that area with time to kill, which is typically because I’ve gone to TMUH or something, I find I prefer to go and have pho at one of the pretty good Vietnamese restaurants on or around Wuxing Street instead.

2 Likes

That was a huge curve from the topic and discussion of LBC.

You can probably start another topic about that stuff and then entice people into that instead of distract people from this.

Oh, quit whingeing. :roll:

It’s not a huge curve at all − like 80% of my post was about LBC, specifically why I haven’t been in ages. I’m not trying to entice people to go anywhere, and I’m not trying to stop them going either. I’m sure people can make up their own minds whether they want an LBC sandwich or pho.

You started the thread a year ago and only one person had commented until yesterday, and that was Marco rescuing your dead thread lol. It’s hardly an active topic where it’s difficult to keep track. If you want a thread for only positive comments about LBC, maybe you should start a new one. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

LBC is closing at the end of March, apparently.

3 Likes

Argh … and the Red Point Taproom has shut down too. I believe those were my two favorite suppliers of sandwiches.

I’d have thought the quest for a decent meal and decent beer in the same place (and especially at lunch) would get easier as the years go by, not harder.

2 Likes

I used to go pretty often, but it’s been a while now. Will have to try and get a couple of sandwiches and beers in this month when I’m in the area!

1 Like

That’s a tragedy. One of my favorite places in Taipei.

So many great sandwiches. Only place in Taiwan that could make sammies on par with places in the US. And the sheer variety… my favorite was the Carnitas one, but all of them range from pretty decent to great.

3 Likes

It may be a few years for me - I’m not sure if I’ve eaten there since they downsized. I remember I nearly went there about a year ago and opted not to go when I saw how busy it was. Not that it was that busy: but it seemed a lot of money to eat perched on a counter squeezed between other people, even if I (used to?) quite like the food. I wound up at the nearby Falafel King instead, which probably has better food but doesn’t quite hit the “decadent treat” sensors in the brain.

LBC has been one of those places with potential that, to my taste at least, didn’t quite get it right. Draft beer! Yay! But in a plastic cup. Good sandwiches! But a less than pleasant environment, and certainly not a place to stick around.

Damn it, is my desire for good sandwiches & draft beer & a nice place to quietly chill for an hour or two that niche?!

3 Likes

I’d order them to my hotel through UberEats whenever I was in Taipei. Never went to the physical location. I know UE gets crap for delivery food not aging well, but it seemed fine to me.

2 Likes