List Of Questions About The Working Holiday Visa 😟

Hi everyone,

I have some questions about The Working Holiday Visa.

On the site it lists this as one of the conditions

d. have arranged an internship, traineeship or job in Taiwan in advance; have registered at an institution of tertiary education and arranged either a traineeship or job in Taiwan in advance; or intend to travel in Taiwan and join the Youth Mobility Program by working in Taiwan (Work should be the secondary, rather than primary, reason for coming to Taiwan; the total duration of stay in Taiwan shall be no more than one year from the date of entry);

Does this mean I have to have an internship prepared, or is it find for me to just get a job after?

Also, according to the site, there might be an interview?

Also, it says that I need to provide this.
Curriculum vitae and general plan for stay in Taiwan
How detailed do I have to be about this?
I don’t really have any fixed plans, I generally make the plans after getting a feel for the country.

Also, how easy is it to get short-term jobs on this visa? I intend to work part-time, subbing for any English teachers, but I heard they ask for an APRC?
Also, should I get my university degree notarized, do I need even to bring a copy? What about the tefl certificate, will they ask to see it?

Also, according to the site, I can use a third party to do the visa application process. Would this be easier?

Also, is it necessary to get a criminal background check? I will be applying for this visa, outside of my home country, not sure how I would do that. :worried:

1 Like

generally fine to get a job after.

Requirements vary by country, try: Talent Taiwan

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, I clicked on your link to learn more about the working holiday visa. None of my nationalities are eligible for that visa, so I tried no less than 15 other nationalities out of the huge list.

None of those are eligible either. Is this working holiday visa limited to only like 5 nationalities or something?

About 18, yeah.

3 Likes

Hi, have you applied yet?

It’s a sh*t option unless you’re British or you have no other option