Listening to ICRT on a Mac

Has anyone else experienced problems listening to ICRT on a Mac? I’m on OS X 10.5.6 , tried using Safari and Firefox and various plugins with no luck.

No, but listening to it over the traditional FM waveband gives less than satisfactory results…

You could always use bootcamp to listen to it on Windows.

/If you only knew the POWER of the DARK SIDE

thanks Irishstu, there is a good arguement to be made as to why I even bother, and King zog, I think I spend most of my time on Windows, I just need mac sometimes to do things I cant on Windows, and sometimes on Windows for the same reason.

Bloody pain the the rear, every time it seems like you about to solve your problem, its just one step away. For example, you use Safari, it says “nooo cant do that you need Windows Media player”, ok so i get Windows media player, and then Windows media player says, “ohh sorry dont know that format want me to search the web”, like that has ever worked, even on windows!!.

So then you try Firefox, which comes up “You need plug ins”, which after a bit of hunting you do, and get them running, which works way better, you get pat error screens to be greeted with an loading symbol that never loads. Terrific.

Dependency on Windows applications is what it is, a blind trust in Microsoft is what I think.

Why would ANYONE listen to ICRT on a computer? It’s bad enough on the radio.

If you need real music… try

sky.fm
di.fm
last.fm

That should keep you busy with decent music at least until iTunes opens in Taiwan.

kenneth

Ya whats wrong with turning on a RADIO? :slight_smile:

I saw a cartoon where the mom asked her daughter to call her brother for dinner and she runs to her room to email him in his room.

Thats 21st century humankind for ya.

[quote=“KenTaiwan98”]Why would ANYONE listen to ICRT on a computer? It’s bad enough on the radio.
[/quote]

No kidding. Cripes, my college radio station was better than ICRT, and they were pathetic.

Decent music? On those three? They look like the same tame, tepid and tedious stuff as ICRT, the only difference is the announcers.

iheard.com/
live365.com/
pandora.com/
jango.com/
internet-radio.org.uk/

My choices aren’t for everybody, but they’re not the usual sameness either.

cfox.com/
gothicradio.com/

That’s one of the few things Korea had over Taiwan, decent radio stations. There was a classical station (Who cares if the announcers spoke Korean?) and the US military’s AFN switched to Z-Rock from Los Angeles at night. This country could also use a good Jazz station.

I’m glad I’ve got a 15GB collection of MP3s. I’d go stark raving mad without them.

Actually I kinda hate it when you ask for help and someone just replies with “why would you want to do that?” so I apologise (even thought you didn’t complain).

Apart from not liking ICRT’s programming, I also have actual problems listening to it on a normal FM radio. Their signal appears to be very weak. I can’t even listen in Taipei City on a little portable FM radio (whereas other stations come through loud and clear).

Of course this post doesn’t help you any further either…

Yea, but it’s good for learning English. :slight_smile:

why the hell would you want to listen to ICRT?

There was a time when AFNT Armed Forces Network Taiwan played only classical music on its one FM channel and pop music on AM. Later this became ICRT and although not as good as AFNT in certain respects (no ads on AFNT) it was quite nice to listen to back in the 80s and 90s. Signal was good, programming was good. Very little advertising.

Whats happened to it now? Is it junk?

When there were typhoons we basically, back in the day when power was lost almost immediately in all of taiwan under the storm, only had radio to keep us abreast of whats going on. It was an important tool.

I remember many nights (typhoons seem to almost always hit at night) in the dark , listening to ICRT on the progress of the storm.

IT was invaluable.

listen and find out http://radiotime.com/station/s_7198/ICRT_1007.aspx or http://www.icrt.com.tw

It plays bland pop music. It’s ok for it’s audience of Taiwanese who on the whole don’t have a great appreciation of rock music