Living in taiwan safe for teenage girls?

thanks. I might be studying in changhua. thanks again!!

Hi summer97,
I’m a Taiwanese (female) currently studying overseas. My family has settled in DaAn District, Taipei for over two decades. Our apartment is located only several minute’s walk from KaiPing Vocational School, which you mentioned earlier. As I spent all my teenage years in that area, I can say it is safe, and at the same time very convenient.

I have lived all over the world, and I can safely say that Taiwan is one of the safest countries I could ever hope to live in.

I must say that, although I have never resided in Taiwan, of my many visits there, I have never felt threatened in any way; other than the traffic. Even with the traffic, after a few days, you get used to it as long as you’re mindful of your surroundings.

It’s controlled chaos is what I like to call the traffic in Taipei/Taiwan.

this might be a nice, safe suburb for teenage girls and families:

http://house.citylife.com.tw/sell/show.asp?city=ty&NUM=11499&img_no=11

[quote=“thyrdrail”]this might be a nice, safe suburb for teenage girls and families:

[/quote]
That’s gorgeous! Why can’t everywhere in Taiwan look like that? There are some places in Tainan East that look similar, but not quite on that scale.

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“thyrdrail”]this might be a nice, safe suburb for teenage girls and families:

[/quote]
That’s gorgeous! Why can’t everywhere in Taiwan look like that? There are some places in Tainan East that look similar, but not quite on that scale.[/quote]

there’s actually a good number of these types of residential areas around taiwan and more are being developed. like here:

like with western countries as taiwan developed and continue to develop and people become wealthier they demand better quality of life. and many taiwanese have homes in the u.s. or have traveled overseas a lot so i’m sure they’ve seen what western style houses and suburbs are like and replicate them back in taiwan. it might take time but eventally all those shoddy “temporary” concrete structures dotting the country built by the old mainlanders will eventually be replaced with better architecture. :slight_smile:

here’s a luxury community designed by a british architect being developed in a suburb of taipei (hopefully they are still constructing it even with the downturn in the economy):

Lewis & Hickey is celebrating its first venture into the booming Asia-Pacific residential market, as work will soon begin on a unique luxury residential development in the Taiwan capital, Taipei

Following the architect’s design submission to Taiwan-based property developer Kingland Group, 50 mansion-style homes with a selling price of £1-2.5 million are to be built in the up-market residential district of Shing Dian, with the first phase of construction to begin in September 2007.

To be named, Royal Mount, the exclusive development will also incorporate a club house and a number of leisure facilities with landscaped parklands which will all be accessed through security gates.

Edinburgh-based Paul Miele, Lewis & Hickey’s group chief executive who oversaw the development plans, explained: “This project win demonstrates our true international credentials as one of the world’s leading architects. We have worked right the way across Europe, the Middle East, into India and now the Asian-Pacific, showcasing our first rate architectural and design work.

“Our appointment is testament to the sterling work our architects carry out on a day-to-day basis worldwide and we naturally hope to work with the Kingland Group again in the future.”

Mr Robert Chu, chairman of the Kingland Group, explained Lewis & Hickey’s selection: “We were looking for an established UK architectural practice offering multi disciplinary services and expertise covering interior design and graphic imaging. In addition, we also required a firm with residential experience teamed with UK historical building knowledge and Lewis & Hickey ticked all the boxes. We are delighted with the designs, both external and internal, and already we are experiencing a huge amount of interest in this new development.”

http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=1354

It’s just a pity that they cost upwards of NT$16 million! The new ones will be even more expensive at 1-2.5 million pounds!!

2.5 million quid? For a joint in Xindian? They’ll be LINING UP, I tells ya! Good for me though – another completely deserted lot with nice smooth roads for rollerblading. :roflmao:
I bet they’ll have some pretty cool fittings inside well worth nicking, too.

HA! What a crappy depiction. They left out the mermaids, fairies and pink unicorns.

Oooh! Matron! Actually, when they’d built the Bei-er gao but before it was opened to traffic, we used to rollerblade up and down it at night, and I fairly often saw “pink unicorns” sticking out of the pants of the peeping toms who used to set up their tripods and cameras in the hope of obtaining wank fodder from the various hotels that were overlooked by the freeway. They’d take flasks of hot drinks, camping chairs and everything. Quite a picnic.