Locusts coming after all?

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-03-01/china-urges-authorities-to-prepare-for-possible-locust-invasion

First the locusts were in Africa, then they went to India and people claimed that rain killed them all, yet now they are back, and the CCP issued warnings for the locust invasion.

So are they really coming to East Asia? Is this the next plague? Is this the sign of a coming glacial period much like what happened in the mid 1600s that destroyed the Ming dynasty and doomed the Dutch colony in Taiwan?

1 Like

Wake me if there’s a plague of frogs

1 Like

In Taiwan, a plague of cockroaches is much more likely…

3 Likes

I think you’re a little late on that one.

1 Like

I was thinking of flying cockroaches on the scale of what’s happening in Africa.

Yes, we’re in for another mini-glacial period.

All the glaciers are turning into mini-glaciers.

6 Likes

:exploding_head:

I never understood that one… why would having a bunch of frogs come out be a plague? Before rampant urbanization, that’s just called the Spring in Taiwan, and it’s not a plague, it’s an orgy.

I think somewhere people translated that one wrong.

3 Likes

I think it probably comes from the phenomenon where large numbers of frogs, etc., fall from the sky.

I wouldn’t read too much into it :slight_smile:

Corona virus was just the first one.

7 Likes

There’s probably a limited number of frogs I’m comfortable with before I start saying “plague”

one of the old Taiwanese classics already foretold this

1 Like

Is that number =/> 1 ?

:frog: :no_entry_sign: :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

It’s not called a plague unless people can die from it.

Considering that frogs are edible–and tasty–I think “cornucopia” may be a better word choice.

2 Likes

No, I like small numbers of frogs!

That could happen.

Locusts are edible too!

2 Likes

Bon appetit, sucker. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes