Logos for the mentally challenged, ME!

I need something that can bash out a cool logo for a new language school that I am opening. I don’t want to copy, rip off, others, but I am not in the mood to pay for it, especially when you need to make so many changes before you get something you can be happy with.

so, what stuff is out there for the mentally challenged to come up with their own logo in a hurry. Yup, I know the general rule would be to get a pro to do it and have a great logo, but we are pushed for time.

Perhaps this is not the best place to post this but, oh well, I thought the techies would know.

Please post the name of your school, a picture or description of any mascot, and your preferred color scheme. Maybe we can help

[color=red]
Boss Hogg’s English School saved our bacon!
[/color]

Just take something sort of similar to what you want off the net, go into photoshop and change it around until it’s what you want and totally different from the original. Never done this, but I guess it’d be a good way to do it.

Brian

Or use Adobe Illustrator, from what I’ve managed to pick up through osmosis via graphic design people

I think your avatar’d do dandy…get Cleetus involved too…maybe have a Cleetus Day… :laughing:

[quote=“blueface666”]
[color=red]
Boss Hogg’s English School saved our bacon!
[/color][/quote]

I love this.

Actually the part owner reckons he wants to use his name “Mark’s English”. Not very original, I am going for the above.

Macot, nah, not for adults, but next year will be the kiddies stuff, hmmm… a mascot. A hippo - nah, been done.

I like blue. Orange is the feature color of our kindies. Bright Orange.

If you go with Mark’s you could do a very simple logo–a dartboard with concentric orange and blue circles and an arrow sticking in the bullseye (stay on the mark–or something like that). It’s simple enough to do on PowerPoint. I’d suggest a professional drawing program, but those can be pretty pricey.

If you go with Boss Hogg, here is what a couple of other fine establishments have gone with–although BF’s logo is far better:
tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f= … meemfv.2.1
tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f= … meemfv.2.2[/img]

Oh, go ahead borrow someone else’s work. Here’s an excellent resource – iconfactory.com.

“Full Marks English” with the dancing piggies logo would be sweet. As an added bonus, Mark would forever be called “Fool Mark” and no one (but us little piggies) would be the wiser.

Is he Taiwanese? If so, dollars to donuts the name comes out “Mark English”. Taiwanese have a horrible aversion to the possessive apostrophe “s”.

As in “full Monty”? :shock:

Is he Taiwanese? If so, dollars to donuts the name comes out “Mark English”. Taiwanese have a horrible aversion to the possessive apostrophe “s”.[/quote]

How’d ya know :smiley: ? I can’t stand putting up “Mark English” and seeing bad English every single day.

Is he Taiwanese? If so, dollars to donuts the name comes out “Mark English”. Taiwanese have a horrible aversion to the possessive apostrophe “s”.[/quote]

Or, Marx English.

Marx Engrish?

My Advice:

Get somebody who can draw to sketch some things for you. Make a sketch of more of less what you want and have them draw the main figure much larger. Give them beer.

Find somebody with Photoshop and a scanner. Scan the pencil drawings. Ask Photoshop gy to help you 'Clean it up" a little and 'make it smaller". Give them beer.

Go home, add text, save and print.

Avoid Illustrator: It’s a good tool but picky to learn and to work with. IF you want to mess with a vector drawing program, I would suggest Fireworks which is much easier to learn.

Fireworks - I can do that :smile:

Roma Mehta, Sir Speedy in Tienmu, 2875-5835. PM me if you’d like her email add. She’s a pro.