Long Distance Relationship

Are you referring to yourself there? :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m not married bro and my time in Taiwan already has an expiration date.

2 Likes

That. If your old job was paying well @mr.dood, the “economy” category gold card should be possible. This would allow you to enter, stay and leave at will, work at will, …

Or if you are in tech and have a patent, then the tech category gold card.

See here for an unofficial but great FAQ:

I wouldnt advice any one to go to a country for just a women. Ofcourse it can end up being a great decision but could end very badly too. I came to taiwan after a girl i talked online for 3 years and after few months of being together, she broke up. Me being a non native and being enrolled in a masters degree here was hard and now i work as an engineer in a company earning good enough if less than most foreigners here.
I am sure you have your reasons and if u wanna try, go for it. hope it works out for you in the end.

It is definitely a crapshoot. I did follow a woman to Taiwan, and now we’re married with a kid. But I know plenty of people with similar stories that didn’t work out. Part of it is luck, although I think those who don’t meet in person before coming over to their beloved definitely have less chance of success. I knew my wife for a year in the US before I followed her back here. Always good to live with someone and know them in person, because most people hide their flaws behind a facade of perfection when you’re only corresponding with them online.

1 Like

Come on, we marry, we divorce, we marry again and the stuck goes on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t qualify for a gold card

Is there any visa allowing him to get into Taiwan for purpose of getting married? Like a US 90 day K-1 or UK 180 day Marriage Visitor visa.

He’s only been with the girl 3 times in 3 years. I highly doubt that would serve as a good foundation for marriage.

That said, if that were the route he was taking, I think he would need to apply for a visa based on the “joining family” reason.

2 Likes