Looking for a good font

I am looking for a font that has the straightness of Helvetica but the letter styles of Comic Sans. I like the shapes of CS but it’t way too cartoonish, and I love the angles and straightness of H but I don’t wan’t the tail on the “q”. So basically, I want H but with a ‘tail-less’ “q”. Anyone got any ideas?

Tahoma might suit what you want, although actually Microsoft Sans Serif is almost an exact copy of Helvetica, with no tail on the q.

Wait, Helvetica has a tail on its q?

Tahoma might suit what you want, although actually Microsoft Sans Serif is almost an exact copy of Helvetica, with no tail on the q.

Wait, Helvetica has a tail on its q?[/quote]

Helvetica LT Textbook Roman, sorry. And Tahoma has the “a” I don’t find suitable for kids’ worksheets.

Century Gothic is a pretty kid-friendly font.

I was going to say one of the Futura fonts, but I don’t think the j is very clear for kids.

[quote=“irishstu”]Century Gothic is a pretty kid-friendly font.

I was going to say one of the Futura fonts, but I don’t think the j is very clear for kids.[/quote]

I was using CG but the school wants crossed "J"s and "I"s. The circular “a” is preferred, too. The Helvetica font had all of this but the “q” was tailed. On all the other Helvetica fonts the "J"s and "I"s were not crossed.

Try downloading Coop forged. It’s the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” font. My kids love it.

FWIW, there is no evidence that using “ɑ” instead of “a” is in any way useful, much less necessary: Serifs, sans serifs and infant characters in children’s reading books.

I read that article and find it interesting, but my issue at school has nothing to do with reading. The issue is that the style of “a” found in the likes of Comic Sans and Century Gothic is the one that they have been taught to write. Now, I think that they write that kind of “a” very well and have never seemed to be confused when coming across the other kind, but the school - sigh - disagrees and is sticking to their guns.