Looking for a Maine coon/long/medium hair kitten that needs a home

Hi!, Im looking for a Maine coon/long hair kitten for adoption (Im located in Miaoli county) :slight_smile: I’ve searched for some breeders here in taiwan and it costs $60,000 NT for one kitten which I cant afford :s. I really felt in love with the Maine coon breed :notworthy: . Recently, I tried adopting overseas and turns out that I got scammed by someone in Cameroon,Africa :bluemad: . Currently Im looking for some in animal shelters, and so far, I got nothing :frowning: please inform me if anyone has a Maine coon kitten for adoption, that would be very very helpful. Thank you :pray: :pray: :pray:

mate, this is not a good cat for Taiwan-especially the hot South-it’s a cat bred for the cold weather. Maybe get a short hair cat from the animal sanctuary.

Thank you for the advise :slight_smile: I’ve got my house air conditioned just for the coming of the cat :neutral: but you got a point, maybe a medium hair will do? :ponder:

you’re welcome, that’ll be NT$59,000 for the advice… :laughing:

Based on personal experience, it’s a big commitment getting a cat, so get two. Get young kittens, give them lots of care to be close friends, heaps of exercise-our favourite is real chicken feathers tied to a string tied to the overhead fan, a safe comfy home, and they’ll grow close to you and each other. That’s more important than what breed they are. It’s really a pity seeing some of the abandoned kitties (puppies) out there.

If you need to PM me, for chat along the way, feel free.

I have a Maine Coon here in calif. They are about 500 for a kitten in the USA, but I think they dont exist in Taiwan. I may be wrong but i had never seen or heard of one before . And yes probably taiwan is too hot for them, unless they are several generations there.

Persians are common in Taiwan and can be had for about 10,000nt for a kitten.

Taiwan persians are used to the hot weather.

Im currently searching for some kittens in Animals Taiwan :smiley:

Don’t buy it yet!

I often see long haired cats (tho not maine coons) on Taiwanese adoption websites, especially if you don’t mind a little older cats (2 years old or so!).

Look at this pretty one:
meetpets.org.tw/content/24115

It’s in Taoyuan, but a trip will cost less than 60000!

meetpets.org.tw/content/24419 - in Taichung (where I am from, I can help you if you need!)

Just two examples, surely can find more! So please don’t buy a pet store kitty yet!

[quote=“mukashi”]Don’t buy it yet!

I often see long haired cats (tho not maine coons) on Taiwanese adoption websites, especially if you don’t mind a little older cats (2 years old or so!).

Look at this pretty one:
meetpets.org.tw/content/24115

It’s in Taoyuan, but a trip will cost less than 60000!

meetpets.org.tw/content/24419 - in Taichung (where I am from, I can help you if you need!)

Just two examples, surely can find more! So please don’t buy a pet store kitty yet![/quote]
:sunglasses: No worries I don’t and will never buy kittens from pet stores :no-no:

Can you suggest more Taiwanese adoption sites so I could browse them? Thanks :smiley:

Sure!
You have meetpets already.

Some more I know:
kijiji.com.tw/f-Pets-harbori … tIdZ501105

howso.com.tw/pets/search?opt … OTBhXSI%3D

tuapa.org.tw/Board_topic.asp?Board_catid=17 - these are rescued kitties here, never saw a longhair here, but you can check

All I know… plenty of kitties to choose. You can also wait and see if other will be posted there.

I‘ve got my Oscar from those (see my avatar :smiley:). Totally free + free cat gear. Sometimes they will ask for some money, but usually not to much and to cover vaccination costs.

Good luck and let us know if you choose a kitty!

EDIT:
More longhair kitties:
taipei.kijiji.com.tw/c-Pets-harb … Z435329466
taipei.kijiji.com.tw/c-Pets-harb … Z437450301
taipei.kijiji.com.tw/c-Pets-harb … Z440342363
howso.com.tw/pets/detail-29168
howso.com.tw/pets/detail-26068 (very special!)

And found this website: yam.care.yomopets.com/

Wow thanks a lot :notworthy: :bow: :notworthy:
Now I’m having a hard time choosing among these cuties :ponder:

I also found some from this site :slight_smile:
( supervr.net/catbbs/forums/list.page#cat-4 )

thanks!

Some kitties will be on all these sites! I do love them too… makes me wanna adopt one more… but my brain, my bf and my grumpy “I-hate-other-cats-and-will-hiss-them-to-death” cat stop me for now :unamused:

I have an orange short hair tabby looking to go to a good home…if you’re interested I can email you photos!

any news if the OP decided for the kitty? I want to see photos once it’s done :slight_smile:

Hi! I still got no kitty yet. I’ve searched everywhere but their mix long haired cats are mostly reserved or adopted T_T

Hi! I still got no kitty yet. I’ve searched everywhere but their mix long haired cats are mostly reserved or adopted T_T[/quote]

awwww, must mean the kitty meant for you is still somewhere there and your paths are yet to be crossed. Keep on checking the online sources, and I’m sure you’re gonna get to it sometime soon!

Just for reference, since I just stumbled upon this: it seems sometimes Maine Coons are up for adoption in Taiwan https://34c.cc/P88639

1 Like

And please don’t buy kittens. You are supporting a cruel trade by doing this.

The same can be said for anyone eating any kind of store bought meat. :idunno:

1 Like

Currently we have in Tianmu a Persian looking for a furever home.

2 Likes

Pics? Do you have any kittens?