Looking for drink thats in 7/11, cant remember name.

Hi, I was in Taiwan about 4 years ago and i remember at the convenience stores there was this lemon drink i used to get. It was in an oval shaped bottle i think and it was a jelly type drink texture inside. I don’t live here anymore i’m back in Sydney and i cant find anything online about it as i’m looking to see if i can find it here in the Asia towns but the drink was all in Chinese i think.

Does anybody know this one at all and have link to manufacturer website, photos or something? Cheers.

I don’t actually know anything about this sort of thing, and I don’t know Chinese, so maybe what your looking for is not among these three items, but here goes:

This one, apparently called “新東陽愛玉凍” (“Xīn Dōngyáng Àiyù Dòng (New Dongyang Aiyu Jelly?”)) has a container that’s oval-shaped, but the container is not a bottle:

This bottle looks sort of oval-ish, and seems to be called “寒天檸檬” (Hántiēn Níngméng (“Cold Day Lemon?”)):

The one pictured in the page linked below seems to have some oval-ish-ness:

https://mart.family.com.tw/SalePage/ShowImageListV2?salePageId=8534382

輕食尚 (Qīng Shíshàng (Light Food?))

愛玉凍飲 (Àiyù Dòngyǐn, Aiyu Jelly)

低熱量金桔檸檬 (Dīrèliàng Jīnjú Níngméng, Low Calorie Kumquat Lemon)

(Credit to Google Translate for the translations, and to Microsoft Bing Translator for providing Hanyu Pinyin that I could copy and paste.)

1 Like

Don’t get your hopes up. It’s rare for Asian stores in Western countries to sell Taiwan foods and drinks. The Taiwanese represent a very small percentage of overseas Chinese populations.

Maybe Canada is the exception. There are plenty of Taiwanese products at T&T大統華

They’re also a 200 to 400 percent markup if you do find them.

ah crap i forgot i even posted this lol, was a bit drunk at the time.

Thanks for the replies and yep that pic is the one i think.

Its weird caused i asked around at some Asian shops and some said “sorry we don’t want to sell it” like huh? Is this drink some 5g chip mind control something something,…,… is that why or maybe lost in translation idk.
I guess ill just wait till i go back to Taiwan next year.

It’s probably an economies of scale issue. They might not want to take the risk on a product and have to discount it before it expires for one person’s request.

It is also possible that the cost they get might cause them to think you might find it unreasonable as well.

Food import is also not something you just place an order on Amazon and they ship it to you.

You have to get permits, there are inspections that must be done to ensure they meet food safety regulations, etc.

They aren’t going to do that if there’s a limited market for it.

yeah that sucks but id imagine it would be popular, doesnt everyone drink it here?