Looking for foreigners who's helped stray animals

Dear all,

I am a reporter from Channel 53. I am sure a lot of you, and the rest of the world has seen the tragedy happened at the animal shelter in Taichung.
I’ve decided to put up a report on this issue and would like to start from gathering foreigners’ point of views and stories you might have to share with us…helping stray animals, adoption, helping animal shelters, volunteer works, finding homes abroad for animals here in Taiwan…
I have heard a lot of amazing things foreigners have done regarding this issues…
Please share with us…and hopefully we can bring up some awareness…

My contact info as follows,
Shih-Yen Lin
Direct Line:02-2570-2570 ext 8805
Cell: 0932-389-004
E-mail syl237@yahoo.com.tw

You can see lots of amazing stories in this forum. You should get in touch with the people at www.animalstaiwan.org

If you want my point of view: Ghandi (I think) said “You can judge a country by how it treats its animals”, Taiwan looks very very bad.

Talk to the poster, “Stray Dog.” Send him a private message. He is the real animal hero around here.

there are quite a few heros. Talk to bobepine, mordeth, and Dr. Zoidberg as well.

Thanks for the hurrah, ratbrain, but having only saved one kitten I would have to defer to Stray Dog, or the new and improved bob pine.

I’ve been a foster for cats for the past four years in Taichung.
After Chinese New Year, I’ve got three cases of cats were shot by shot guns in the city. If this can be also reported to the puplic that will be great.

You should talk to “Stray Dog” and “bobepine” - both of them have done outstanding work for animals here. Some real-life heros. :notworthy:

Thanks, all.

We’ll be meeting Reporter Lin next week.

And, while I very much appreciate the nice comments, Stray Dog would be nothing without AnimalsTaiwan - I mean, it’s a group effort, with many, many people supporting me, such as vw, UKBikerChick, LittleYellowDog, the Dragoncouple, 914, havilina, steeevieboy, plasmatron, SHARLEE, and about fifty others, both foreign and local. If it was just me, there would be no AT.

Whereas that Bobepine guy … :wink:

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Sean, if there was no AT and no Straydog, inspiration and motivation to help our south-dwelling furry friends sure would be more scarce. You as well as many other volunteers for AT have been very helpful and supportive and there’s no way you guys are getting off that easy. :wink:

[quote]Dear all,

I am a reporter from Channel 53. I am sure a lot of you, and the rest of the world has seen the tragedy happened at the animal shelter in Taichung.
I’ve decided to put up a report on this issue and would like to start from gathering foreigners’ point of views and stories you might have to share with us…helping stray animals, adoption, helping animal shelters, volunteer works, finding homes abroad for animals here in Taiwan…
I have heard a lot of amazing things foreigners have done regarding this issues…
Please share with us…and hopefully we can bring up some awareness…

My contact info as follows,
Shih-Yen Lin
Direct Line:02-2570-2570 ext 8805
Cell: 0932-389-004
E-mail syl237@yahoo.com.tw[/quote]Hi syl237,
I’m not sure there’s much I can do to help you from here.(We are in Kaohsiung)If you want, I can send you some pictures of animals we rescued. In the last 4-5 months, we rescued 21 animals from the streets of Kaohsiung. Some were in worse conditions than others. We collaborated with www.savedogs.org for many of them and they have also been very helpful. They have an article on their website that tells a bit about us and what we have been doing.

If there is anything at all I can do to help you raise awareness, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM or you can email me at mrfixit_chris@yahoo.com Good for you for trying to help the poor animals in Taiwan. Your country needs more people like you. :notworthy:

Best,

bobepine

Much congratulations to all of you for the good things you all are doing for the animals of Taiwan. :bravo: :notworthy: :bravo:

A similar thing that happened in Taichung has happened here in Taipei too, but I don’t think I can tell the story here. Why the focus on interviewing foreigners? There are many Taiwanese that help animals, and saying things like Taiwan has a bad track record, and then showing what foreigners are doing to help might alienate people.
But trying to get the word out about how we would like to see animals treated is always wonderful. I applaud what stray dog said about how it’s all a group effort, and I’m sure if they interviewed him he would get it exactly right.

Are you talking about what is happening in your picture? :astonished:

Damn, you just ruined the avatar for me, because now I’ll forever see that dude as Mayor Ma. :astonished:

They are the unsung heroes here. Quietly working away doing their best.
Anything that raises the awareness of the Strays is a good thing. Hopefully done so in a postive manner. Educate gently, One can make a difference. Lead by example.

Saw StrayDog on Channel 53 tonight during the English language news program that starts at 11 p.m. All the animals looked great, especially Ariel, and including StrayDog. And what he said during the interview did not reflect too badly on Taiwan - I think he saved some of his more genuine feelings for another occasion.

I don’t have TV. so I didn’t get to see it.

The reporter was great - he’s an animal lover himself and has a very happy and healthy looking corgi. He made a generous donation after the interview and then doubled it later by organizing a whipround at his office. :bravo:

The dogs had a great time, and I suspect that little Ariel was the star of the show, as usual. :unamused:

I’m not sure what of the content was left in, but, yes, I wasn’t damning of Taiwan or the government. That would achieve little. I chose to paint a picture of how we have the potential to become one of the best places in Asia - or even the world - to be an animal. But I did point out how such inumane shelter practices tarnish the image of Taiwan in the eyes of the international community.

Many thanks, syl123, for giving me the opportunity to talk and for helping bring about a positive change to the welfare of animals in Taiwan. :notworthy:

Sean

Well done, Stray Dog! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Says the man with a pic of a man killing an animal in his avatar. :laughing: I’m just playing with you. Everyone knows that all fish are evil and must die.

Stray Dog will look good on T.V. not only is he a great animaltarian?? He’s also one of the better looking foreigners around…you gonna be mobbed on the streets now Stray Dog…just remember the little puppies when you’re rich and famous.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]I don’t have TV. so I didn’t get to see it.

The reporter was great - he’s an animal lover himself and has a very happy and healthy looking corgi. He made a generous donation after the interview and then doubled it later by organizing a whipround at his office. :bravo:

The dogs had a great time, and I suspect that little Ariel was the star of the show, as usual. :unamused:

I’m not sure what of the content was left in, but, yes, I wasn’t damning of Taiwan or the government. That would achieve little. I chose to paint a picture of how we have the potential to become one of the best places in Asia - or even the world - to be an animal. But I did point out how such inumane shelter practices tarnish the image of Taiwan in the eyes of the international community.

Many thanks, syl123, for giving me the opportunity to talk and for helping bring about a positive change to the welfare of animals in Taiwan. :notworthy:

Sean[/quote]

Sorry, Stray Dog. I didn’t notice your text until after the programme was over. No recording from me this time. :idunno: