Looking for friends in Linkou

Hi there! I just moved here recently and looking to make new friends in the Linkou area. I am a 33 yr mom with 3 & 5 yr old boys. I was born in Taiwan but grew up in the US. It seems most english speakers are in Taipei. Hoping to start a group here. Please message if you’re interested! Thanks!

Yey…I live in Linkou.
But I am not a typical foreigner as most foreigner’s do look.
I do speak English, which more resemble a gibberish.
But, I don’t speak Chinese at all :smiley: (most Chinese characters that I know are numbers)

BTW,
Lots of nice places to visit for moms (with children).
I think of library, ZhuLinShan temple, parks, Carrefour, Starbucks and a Linkou-branch of ShiDa.

You could also drops by to neighbor town of GuiShan.
There’re some bookstores, cafes and cutesy bakeries/cafe to visit.

Me? I hate people, normally killing time by managing a football team in virtual life.

Linkou is a very quiet, suburban area, and I’m not sure how many English-speaking people you’ll find there. The good news is that it’s actually quite easy to catch a bus into Taipei, and next year the airport MRT will give you rail access as well.

Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, sorry!

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Linkou is a very quiet, suburban area, and I’m not sure how many English-speaking people you’ll find there. The good news is that it’s actually quite easy to catch a bus into Taipei, and next year the airport MRT will give you rail access as well.

Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, sorry![/quote]

There’re quite a lot of lao wai actually.
Some are teachers, I think.
Met few of them during dinner or just during walking around the hood.

5 years in here, I actually started to think that Taipei’s getting really crowded.
A musky aroma of moss in the village always calling me back here every time I went to the city.

hey whats up. i live in linkou as well, really like this place except its a bit boring around the neighborhood so I usually drive to taipei to hangout with friends. Im 25yrs old went to states for school then worked in Shanghai for 2 yrs, just moved back here last year and would love to meet new people around this area.

I used to live there. Now, I’m working in Guishan. That’s near enough it’s called Linkou Chang Gung.

Is anyone still here? :joy:

LMAO