Looking for medium priced Italian joint

I’ve searched this forum for a bit, and most of the places I’ve found seem too expensive, or the food looks very minimal and not what I’m used to.

I’m dying for a nice Chicken Parmesan but I don’t want to spend crazy cash… so if anyone knows a nice Italian place in Taipei that offers a broader range of Italian food than just “Italian Noodles” at a price of around $300-500 a dish please let me know. New York Italian style preferably…

Thanks

Might the Macaroni Grill in the Warner (Vieshow) Village be what you’re after?

I also heard that there was new Italian place (by way of Hong Kong) in the new Bella Vita shopping center in that area.

Diamond Tony’s in Tienmu (the original) or the more upscale one in Taipei 101?

Let us know what you find.

One more thought–check out A Hungry Girl’s Guide to Taipei, one of the best (if not the best) food blogs in English about food in Taipei.

Macaroni Grill does have a Chicken Parmesan in your price range. They also have a Ravioli Marsala that is ok. Somewhat close to an "Alfredo " sauce that you are used to.

Capone’s near there is also reasonable plus they often have live music.

If you are close to or want to go up to Tamsui there is [url=New, authentic Italian restaurant in Sanzhi: WaLiLei for good pasta and pizza that can be ordered to preference. Great food and seaside view.

I see you want other options than pasta of course, but for your price it will be tough here. Unfortunately there isn’t a real trattoria here that I know of but you could try [url=Primo Trattoria Trattoria:[/url] Put them through the works! They should be able to make most things you request (they are also an importer). Check it out and let us know if they fit the bill.

And another great Italian place is “PaPa Gio” Best pizza in Taipei. But they have a good Italian menu. If you were in this area of Taipei I would recommend you check it first.

Great suggestions, as always, from elektronisk.

I’ve been wanting to try WaLiLei. Sounds good, from all I’ve heard (and read) about it.

And PaPa Gio’s is great, especially the pizza as mentioned. Also, good lunch specials are available, if one happens to be in the area at that time.

Is Chianti still there - mmmm - making my mouth water great food and awesome wine

+1 for Papa Gio, great food and reasonable prices. Oddly enough, they don’t seem to serve chicken though…
Their website is a bit confusing now though, but you’ll find the main page here papagio.com.tw/main.html

Coda Coda Coda!

Chianti is still there and I hear that Alberto and Purple are the one’s behind the new place on the top floor of the Bella Vita. Very posh, very expensive, apparently very good!

I think the place that fee mentioned is Fat Angelo’s in the basement of the Bella Vita. American style Italian food with American size portions. Good value, but hardly haute cuisine.

Josefus is right: Coda in Gonguan is probably the best value for money of the lot.

Too bad The Italian Job isn’t around anymore…

Does the OP want his joint rolled for him, or would some decent Italian weed and a packet of papers suffice? The latter would be far more reasonably priced and should generate several joints depending on how fat he rolls them.

That sounds good as long as Italian Weed isn’t cut half with oregano. heh

You should check out “Le Rouge” next to Hsinpu MRT station in Banciao. Excellent food, not too pricey.

Stopped in at Chianti with a few friends last night and was happy to find out that Giorgio Trevisan of Papa Gio renoun has joined the team. Really enjoyed the antipasti platter with cold meats and vegetables and the pizza is top notch based on the quality of the ingredients used. We shared a really nice plate of truffle/foie gras ravioli and also some gnocchi in a duck reduction, but be aware that the cooking is northern Italian, so both were melt in your mouth and soft on the tooth. We were seated on the second floor, which is best avoided, since there is nothing on the walls and it really lacks the energy that you find downstairs. Five of us for 10k with three bottles of wine, coffees, deserts and a bottle of limoncello to finish up. Good!

Mamma Mia in the sunny up-market suburb of Shulin.

Here’s a review from 10 years ago: taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 0000092982 and it’s still there. I passed by at lunchtime today and it was fully booked.