Looking to buy big, leafy plastic plants in Taipei

… you know, fake plants. Like the ones in the train stations.

Why? Good question. I want to decorate the inside of my room and my studio with them but I don’t want real plants that will attract bugs and require watering. This is the future, dammit. We’re living in that radiohead song.

Also I have been told to try cacti by another friend, as they dont attract bugs, but they’ll still need watering, and I’ll be stabbed repeatedly when I reach down to tweak a knob on some of my synth gear.

I saw a few small fake plants in Working House for NT250, and I was told to check Carrefour but had no luck. Any other options? Come on, you people have the answers…

Tried the obvious, i.e. a flower shop? I think to have seen fake plants in there.

Ah sorry, yes that is obvious, and I did go to a couple and I did find a few tiny fake plants. But what I need is Big. Industrial-strength. I have a feeling that shops like Working House/Ikea/Carrefour/ other shops targeted at home owners might carry them. Haven’t tried home hardware shops like B&Q yet. Anyone know if that’s a good idea?

The flower Market in Neihu, Ruiguang Rd. They have all the fake plant stuff you want there. They are open from really early (I guess around 6 or 7am) till around about midday (it’s a trade market). They are considerably cheaper than Jian Guo Flower market (because it’s a trade market), but Jain Guo is open on the weekend…I think Neihu is Monday to Friday.
If you’re driving come over the minchuan bridge to Neihu and turn left onto Ruiguang Rd. Keep going down until you see a large carpark on your right (about six little junctions down) and the flower market is there.(Opposite the Bowa Bank) Taxis/cars can take Tiding Boulevard. I guess it’s number 390 or so.

Try the Flower Market during the weekend, below the Jianguo bridge near Da’an park (north of Xinyi).

Edit: didn’t see kitkat’s post before submiting, note the comments regarding the pricing.

Hola

https://goo.gl/maps/A8T2pa5JrR22

A lot of variety in both fake and real plants. Also fake grass, leaves were seen when we visited. Really nice!