Lost a place...any online street maps?

There must be a thread about this somewhere. A bar on the corner of two streets.
I’m looking for a place on a street near Dunhua Road, so I thought if I could find a map and scan all the teeny streets I could find it. Most of the pinyin maps I have don’t give much detail. And I don’t know how to find that street.
It’s something like the corner of Dunhua and Shmen/Shmin/Hsmen Road(?), and the place is called “Black wind place” in Mandarin. Like what, Hei fong dzai (pinyin rape, I’m sure).
Might be better just to go to the area and try to find it…I think it’s near that big horse statue. Or maybe not. :unamused:
Any info on the area, the place, the street, a map?
Thank you!

How about taiwan-map.com ?

I’ve tried a handful of Taiwan maps on-line… is there anywhere with a better map for Taipei County? I can’t even find my street on Taiwan-Maps.com (and I barely live across the bridge in Hsintien…)

[quote]There must be a thread about this somewhere. A bar on the corner of two streets.

It’s something like the corner of Dunhua and Shmen/Shmin/Hsmen Road(?), and the place is called “Black wind place” in Mandarin. Like what, Hei fong dzai (pinyin rape, I’m sure).[/quote]

I’ve seen this bar. It is near the corner of Dunhua (Tunhwa) and Shi Min Da Dao (“Civil Boulevard”-the elevated expressway). The bar is between Fuxing and Tunhua, on the “south” side of Civil Boulevard.

Perhaps the best bet would be to head north on Fuxing, take a right at Civil Boulevard (before the Breeze center), and continue on through a stoplight. On your right will be a bunch of bars, cafes, clubs. One is called Louis, I think. “Black Wind Place” will be almost on the corner with DunHua.

Let me know how this place is. I think they serve “lei cha” and “kao rou” and other things–beer, presumabley. I’ve never been there, so let us know how it is.

Hope this helps.

[quote]I’ve seen this bar. It is near the corner of Dunhua (Tunhwa (Dunhua)) and Shi Min Da Dao (“Civil Boulevard”-the elevated expressway). The bar is between Fuxing and Dunhua, on the “south” side of Civil Boulevard.
[/quote]

My word, it is Shi Min Da Dao, isn’t it? I just heard Shi Min Street and couldn’t place it.
It is managed/owned or something by a guy who used to be in a band called Chairman here in Taiwan. I like it, but only had Taiwan beer last time I went. They serve the beer in cool ceramic-type bowls, and play old semi-metal/rock music.
I’m going there on Saturday night, so I’ll see what else is on offer.

Sounds like it’s close to Juliana’s then …

It sounds as if you’ve already been there, twonavels. But I will post the address of Hei Feng Cha and a link to an old review from the TT for anyone else interested. Come to think of it, maybe I should stop by this place someday.

Restaurant: Hei Feng Chai (

Yes, I’m having an early birthday party there for all my friends not particularly into Spin. Bonus. 2 weeks of partying! Thanks for the link. Maybe you can come check it out on Saturday night. :wink: