Lost Coin Purse in Taipei Underground Mall

Hi! I think I might’ve lost my wallet in Taipei Underground Mall. I dropped off my friends in Y13 and I’m sure I still had it then before walking to Beimen then Ximen to look at the lantern festival but realized it was too early and went home. I stopped by the Ximen station booth to do the special Sanrio stamp.

Where should I go look?
Which police stations should I go to?
I think there’s a big police station near Ximen station exit 5 or something but what about for the Taipei Underground Mall?

Any help would be appreciated! It’s not a super lot of money but it was good for a 3-5 meals. And tbh, the wallet does have sentimental value for me so I’d love to get it back even sans money. :cry:

2 Likes

I think chances are good to get it back.

In this story someone left a backpack with 2 million in a MRT public toilet.

2 Likes

I left my bag on a bus that took a 50 km round trip journey to Banciao. Nobody touched it when I found it on the way back.

4 Likes

There I am thinking I’m scatter brained if I forget my umbrella, can’t imagine the absent mindedness it takes to forget you are walking around with 2 million in cash.

3 Likes

Unfortunately this was yesterday :frowning: I thought it was in my bag but I found out today it wasn’t the case. There’s too many places to lose it between Y13 and to Ximen station so I’d like to know if there is a specific place to go to :0

I would say go to the administration centre.

1 Like

The underground mall has its own police station. And information center. I think it is close to the karaoke stage.

I forgot my coin purse with my house keys last Saturday in a public bathroom in a shopping center. Lo and behold, came back and it was still hanging where I left it.

1 Like

Thanks so much! would you happen to know which Y exit it’s close to?

Unfortunately I walked around quite a few places in there to backtrack :cry: I’m kinda worried no one turned it in because it can easily be kicked around to under a display or something :sob:

It is close to the massage center and the Indonesian store.

Upper main floor also has Railway station police station, they could help.

Have a look and ask around. If it was kicked under something, it is probably still there. Unless they find it during Spring cleaning!

1 Like

I left my heart in San Francisco. Went back one year later and it was gone, gone, gone.

1 Like

Unfortunately the administration centre in Taipei City Mall didn’t have it and there was no police station I saw nearby the massage shops.

I tried going to the police station by Ximen but they closed at 5:30.

Had anyone ever tried submitting an online police report for lost things? I saw the English website for taipei City and saw I technically could but I’m kinda hesitant — I’m new here btw so I just want to check if it’s a done thinf :smiling_face_with_tear:

First floor, in the main hall of the Taipei Main Station. The one with black and white colored tiles and assorted storefronts. That’s where the Railway police station is.

If it’s found it will most likely be turned in to the police, and if there’s anything in there to identify you they’ll try and track you down. But do report it to as many police stations as might be relevant for the areas you were in as that will expedite the process.

1 Like