Lost In Translation

Greetings! I need your help (thanks to those who have already helped)!

My name is Irene Yu and I am a graduate student in the Clinical Psychology Doctoral program at Loma Linda University. I’m looking for participants for my dissertation study designed to examine how cultural values and parent-child relationships impact a person’s achievement and well-being. This study concentrates on people who are of Asian ethnicity and who are currently enrolled in an educational program (e.g. college, university, vocational/technical school, etc.) that uses a GPA (grade point average) system.

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary and anonymous. Recognizing that participation in this project is an investment of your valuable time, YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TO BE ENTERED INTO A DRAWING UPON COMPLETION OF THE SURVEY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN ONE OF SEVERAL INCENTIVES: ONE $50 AMAZON.COM GIFT CERTIFICATE, ONE $50 CHEESECAKE FACTORY GIFT CERTIFICATE, TWO PAIRS OF REGAL CINEMA MOVIE TICKETS, TWO $20 STARBUCKS GIFT CERTIFICATES AND TWO $20 LOLLICUP GIFT CERTIFICATES.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this project. Your participation is greatly appreciated. Hope to see your name as a winner in our drawing!

If you are interested in participating, please click on the following link for the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=72613227473

Kindly forward this to anyone you think might be interested in participating.

Sincerely,

Irene A. Yu, M.A.
Doctoral Student
Psychology
Loma Linda University
(909) 558-8165
iyu06g@llu.edu

Kelly R. Morton, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Research Supervisor
Family Medicine; Psychology
Loma Linda University