Lost wallet while biking

I’m kinda in distress and panic now because I was just cycling on the You-Bike, and when I got home I realized it wasn’t in my pocket.

Is there a way I can get it back somehow? I did go to a family mart and even though I am 90% certain I didn’t drop it there and was in the middle of my biking journey, I’m going to go there to check. I can retrace the bike route, so maybe I can contact through any buildings there?

Any suggestions?

Usually, when people find a lost wallet they bring it to the closest public building, such as a police station or an MRT station.
See if there’s any on the way you travelled and visit them to check.

5 Likes

If your ARC is in your wallet then you should be fine. You can expect a call from the police if someone finds it, but you should definitely still go to a police station along your route and report it as lost.

3 Likes

Go to each major police station in each district along your route.

3 Likes

I dropped my wallet once and it was at the police station before I got home. Lot of people here do the right thing. :+1:

11 Likes

What if I don’t have it in my wallet? I’m a student and I barely use it (really only to buy something at a convenience store like once a month). You think my chances would be significantly lower? I certainly trust that people here do the right thing, but am just a tad bit worried.

Do you have any type of ID in your wallet? Student ID maybe? Bank cards with your name? Just don’t wait for the police to contact you. File a police report first, and then hope for the best. Maybe you can also retrace your steps and see if it’s laying on the side of the road.

1 Like

Nope, got nothing for identification. Just cash. I keep my easy card and student id in separate holders. But thank you, I will take your input.

Well, at least I learned a lesson.

2 Likes

Check with the police stations near your bike route. If someone turned it in and you are able to describe the wallet, you will get it back.

If there’s only cash in it why are you stressed?

4 Likes

You’re right, I shouldn’t be stressed that’s is just cash only but I’m honestly a bit more concerned about the wallet itself… since it does hold sentimental value to me.

1 Like

You could go to a police station along the route where you might have lost it, they could have it or be able to look it up on their system.

Additional fill in the Find Lost Property form:
https://www.pbs.gov.tw/cht/index.php?code=list&ids=165