LotR TTT extended videos availability?

Basically the subject says it all.

Are they available anywhere in Taiwan?

The 4 Disc Two Towers DVD is out on 21th November.

Videos ? What are they ?

Oooops- I’m an old-fashioned kind of guy- I meant DVDs

I live in Taitung, and they’re not available here- in fact, no-one has a clue what you’re talking about.

I’m going to Taipei next month, and would like to know any stores, video rentals (BlockBusters?) where they might be found.

Thanks

Wait until the 21st, you should be able to find it in most places. If not, let us know and I’ll tell you where to find it in Taipei.

Of course the shops don’t know what you’re talking about, they have no idea in Taipei what is being released when either. They don’t even know the difference between the crappy 2-disc version and the proper 4-disc version. They still sell VCD’s here :unamused:

I had the opposite experience BFM. When I asked aftert he 4-disc TTT in August, the clerk knew what I was talkig about and told me it was due for release in November.

I’m really looking forward to seeing it, as I enjoyed the extended Fellowship so much.

Brian

Depends where you go, some are more knowledgable about what they sell than others. When I was looking for the 4 disc version of the first film, some said, “Yes, the Fellowship of the Ring DVD is being re-released next week” but couldn’t say if it’s the 2 or 4 disc version (it was the 2 disc :x ) Or they just automatically say “We must be out now, we have more soon”, liars.

I’ve just bought mine from Carrefour, so they should be out now.

My friend got his yesterday from a DVD store in t he lane behind the main road at the computer market for 1200NT.

We’re gonna watchit tomorrow night. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Brian

I saw a LoTR box set thing in my local DVD rental place. It comes with a toy Gollum. Would this be the 2- or the 4-disc one?
Also, I paid up front for NT$3,000-worth of DVD rentals and they gave me 2 free tickets for the Return of the King, valid for any movie theater. They also gave me a pair of rubber elf ears with flashing lights inside. Forget piercings – flashing rubber ears are where its at.

[quote=“sandman”]I saw a LoTR box set thing in my local DVD rental place. It comes with a toy Gollum. Would this be the 2- or the 4-disc one?
Also, I paid up front for NT$3,000-worth of DVD rentals and they gave me 2 free tickets for the Return of the King, valid for any movie theater. They also gave me a pair of rubber elf ears with flashing lights inside. Forget piercings – flashing rubber ears are where its at.[/quote]

what about flashing rubber tits with tofu-eating mongrels?

[quote=“sandman”]I saw a LoTR box set thing in my local DVD rental place. It comes with a toy Gollum. Would this be the 2- or the 4-disc one?[/quote]I haven’t seen that, that’s a new one, probably the 4-disc one. The box set of the first one with the bookends was the 4-disc one. Can you see the actual dvd case in there ?

What you want a toy Gollum for ? :shock:

[quote=“Kenny”]what about flashing rubber tits with tofu-eating mongrels?[/quote]That comes with the third one.

[quote=“Kenny McCormick”]

what about flashing rubber tits with tofu-eating mongrels?[/quote]

Nah, nobody wants to dress up like an orc.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“sandman”]I saw a LoTR box set thing in my local DVD rental place. It comes with a toy Gollum. Would this be the 2- or the 4-disc one?[/quote]I haven’t seen that, that’s a new one, probably the 4-disc one. The box set of the first one with the bookends was the 4-disc one. Can you see the actual dvd case in there ?

What you want a toy Gollum for ? :shock:[/quote]

The DVD case(s?) look like leather-bound books, but I didn’t look that closely as I was too busy playing with my new rubber ears.
I want to give the Gollum to one of my wife’s friends, who bears a startling resemblance …

[quote]The DVD case(s?) look like leather-bound books, but I didn’t look that closely as I was too busy playing with my new rubber ears. [/quote]A sort of brown/purply colour ? That is the 4-disc version. Compare it with the box without toy Gollum on the shelf next to it.

And stop playing with your ears, you’ll wear them out.

:smiling_imp: <- sandman with his ears