Love in Taiwanese culture

The key is to getting to know the people, gaining their trust, and speaking to them privately (without the other person present). Much can be learned by waiting until you are with a Taiwanese person in private. If you show a genuine interest in what is going on, then they will very likely want to help you to better understand. But remember, it has to be done privately.

I’m sorry to report that my parents-in-law are unwilling. It’s a shame, because you could track the general evolution of Taiwan society just from the live of the people in this large, multi-generational family.

deleted

Aah that’s too bad. Would have been a great addition to the documentary. If you happen to know anyone else willing to do an interview with me, please let me know! Nevertheless, thanks a lot for putting out feelers, I really appreciate it!

That’s actually something I remember seeing a lot on the streets when I lived in Taipei. Young people walking hand in hand and being really clammy with each other.

That’s going to be the big challenge here. I hope I will find someone that’s willing to share their story with me.