LTNS(TIS) Track Days (RACE postponed 11/8)

actually since i wont race until after monday that i will change my tires, i could go and if someone is able to get a stopwatch then i could do some timing for some of you guys… eventually i could do a drawing of the track in the computer and print a copy for each of the team members so we can keep track on what corners to improve and things like that…

Actually we all know how shitty the surface is on TIS, so in Temple’s case I think it was the track that made for his error, not him or the bike. In the rough areas on the track there is little traction.
Hey temple I had Hawk and I read the rules for the racing class that you are in, you could lighten your stator if you want, it just has to be the stock stator. Also you and I both are running the stock 2SP carb, so if we changed to a 35 or 36mm like most of the racers are running we would gain a second or more just in the straights. Yeah more money to spend!!

I can’t wait to see ya out there omerojs, it doesn’t matter if you suck bad, who cares, its all about having a good time and learning the limits of yourself and your motorcycle.[/quote]

So his error was going onto that part of the track and learned a good lesson about which part of the track to stay clear of and can use it strategically by forcing someone who is trying to pass him to use that part of the track. That lesson is very valuable because even if you were told to stay away from that part of the track, when pushing urself to limit the majority of people would try it anyway because most of us only learn from our own mistakes.

There is always space for personal improvement, to reach 100% of your personal ability is a very long hard road, a road that Temple has only just begun to travel, looking at his intitial results we can see that while still very green he is getting respectable results shows that there is much greater potential that needs to be squeezed out through commitment if winning is his goal.

To have 100% knowledge of a particular circuit is another goal to be reached before even looking at the bike. We have only just begun to talk about breaking the track into sectors and timing the sectors, this is a fundamental place to start before we can consider speaking of reaching performance limits.

Ferretboy i’m gonna slap ya with that comment about learning cornering on the mountain road, that is completely contrary to the correct thing to do, if you take your learning to a public road the lesson you will get will be more about the state of Taiwanese medical facilities lol.

Dogma, Ferretboy boy doesn’t corner in the mountains. He stops to turn and when the corner is finished, he uses his 1000cc to catch up.

Who is ferretboy? not me… and if its me, well its like half half…stop and open jejejeje but still fast

I would recommend doing the practice race because it gives you some idea of how it’ll feel to do the real race. I think one of the biggest dangers for new racers is feeling too much excitement, anxiety, or pressure. If you already feel comfortable being near your limit and having people all around you cutting off your lines, thats the first part. The other part would be trying to stay cool and focused with everything going on around you during the build up time for the race. It was really intense waiting in the middle for the thing to start, taking the warm-up laps, and waiting again on the track. It does seem like a bit much that it costs the same as a real race, but It’s probably still a fair price since you’ll get a nice breakdown of all your lap times. Also you’ll get to see where your relative competition is at.

Heres a useful piece if kit

aimsports.com/store/product_ … ucts_id=28

and a review

motorcycle-usa.com/Article_P … cleID=2493

wow looks nice and expensive. Time to start working on those sponserships :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll head over to the 99$ store and get myself a good stopwatch first.

Would love to get down there. I have an NSR 150. I only really use it to take my son to school in the mornings and pic him up from the baby sitters at night.
Please give me some details like:

• How do you get there. I used to work in LongTan but never evn noticed a race track. I have only been there by the highway so have no idea about how to get there on my bike…
  • How much does it cost?
  • Do you need to do anything special to your bike before you can ride there or race, or can I just roll up and ride?. I don’t mind just going for a burn around the track.
  • Where can you get the protective gear from? Any recommendations for good locations?
  • Does anyone know a good bike shop for me to take my NSR for a good service. I am in Taipei. I take my bike now to a shop only because the laoban has a big Kawasaki, but things still don’t seem quite right on it. Some previous bike shops wouldn’t even touch my bike…
  • Anything else I need to know so I can ride there…
  • Oh, yeah, when?
    Thanks Guys.

i’ll probably go this weekend from Xindian, let me know if you’re interested, can show you the ride down.

so will someone bring a stopwatch? who is going on saturday afternoon to the track? if someone is going please let me know…

[quote=“TaipeiSean”]Would love to get down there. I have an NSR 150. I only really use it to take my son to school in the mornings and pic him up from the baby sitters at night.

• How do you get there. I used to work in LongTan but never evn noticed a race track. I have only been there by the highway so have no idea about how to get there on my bike…
  • How much does it cost?
  • Do you need to do anything special to your bike before you can ride there or race, or can I just roll up and ride?. I don’t mind just going for a burn around the track.
  • Where can you get the protective gear from? Any recommendations for good locations?
  • Does anyone know a good bike shop for me to take my NSR for a good service. I am in Taipei. I take my bike now to a shop only because the laoban has a big Kawasaki, but things still don’t seem quite right on it. Some previous bike shops wouldn’t even touch my bike…
  • Oh, yeah, when?
    Thanks Guys.[/quote]
    well i hope to see you there with your NSR, i have a SV1000 but the little NSRs keep passing me !!!
    on the "how to go there… i dont know from Taipei but many guys always come from there so just meet them and come together…
    it will cost 300Nts per session, one session is like 30 min, but in the weeks or some other times u will get more time for that. but its a random event
    next April 5th will be a racing license class to allow you to “race” and get half prize on tickets per session… the cost is 900Nts and a picture of u
    well if u really want to practice then the best that u can do is to get leathers, one or 2 pieces, or just a jacket and knee pads, and one very important thing … the boots…
    about shops i have no idea in taipei, but talk to Temple… he knows

sorry can’t make it out there this weekend. Have a trip to go on with the g/f. Good luck to everyone in the rookies race!

Oh no!! Well I will have new rear suspension and a rear tire, I was hoping to play with ya. Next time though.

[quote=“TaipeiSean”]Would love to get down there. I have an NSR 150. I only really use it to take my son to school in the mornings and pic him up from the baby sitters at night.

• How much does it cost?
  • Oh, yeah, when?
    Thanks Guys.[/quote]

It is very close to the “crazy house” ya know that weird house that has never been finished.

I have never paid more than $300, and that has gotten me 4 sessions. I could have got more, but I was too tired.

You don’t need any thing special, I have seen guys out there with jeans, but that is stupid. You need a nice full face helmet, a motorcycle jacket with elbow and shoulder pads (vinyl) is ok, and you can buy really nice/cheap motorcycle pants (SBK) which are Taiwanese made. They will also come with removable knee pucks. You should not pay more than $4,000nt for the set (pants/pucks). Boots are also really a must, but if you just want to get a feel on the track then you don’t really need them. In the future if you wanted to ride on the track often I would reccommend buying a leather or kangaroo suit. But that is in the future.

There is a great shop in Tpe called like (yu tien), something like this. I have never been there, but they specialize in NSR products and service. They are famous. Ask Temple.

Come out this Saturday around 10ish, there are a lot of other NSR’s, we would love to meet another foreigner with a bike who is interested in riding. Tomorrow I am bringing another friend of mine that has an NSR and it will be his first time on the track.

Plus, most people out there know a lot about motorcycles, especially NSR’s including me. If anything happened we can fix it. We always bring tools, and extra parts. There is a lot of knowledge out there. Come check it out.

Hey TaipeiSean, I just messaged you, check your inbox.

Saturday: I’ll be there with a new RPM rear shock on the FZ, and a smaller front sprocket, 15T down from 16T. Hopefully no more bouncing pony through TURN 1, with a little more added pickup. She tops out at 120kph now though, i lost about 12kph. Hopefully that wont be too low gearing. I also picked up a few stop watches at the 10NT store.

Thanks for all that info. I will try to get out there. If I make it I will call you rk. I got ya number.

Where in Taipei is that bike shop?

Good to meet some new faces today, even if they were ugly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah nice to see another new face out at the track. My friend also came out for the first time and drove his NSR on the track. It was his first time ever and he managed to knee drag a little. Awesome!!

I had a good day, with my new rear RPM suspension and my new Bridgestone 002 tire I ran a couple 61 second lap times. I didn’t have any more slipping in the rear like previous track days. It wasn’t the same with out Temple out there. No more dates on Saturdays ok :slight_smile:

Beast619 had a terrible day, we think he popped his engine. Oh no!! Well it will give us another project to deal with. Maybe it isn’t as bad as we think, we just don’t know yet.

Beast619 and I won’t be able to make it out next Saturday, but I think I was planning on going back out on Friday. Is anyone interested? Yeah I can’t get the racing license this Saturday, I will be in 台中, so I will do it in May.

[quote=“TaipeiSean”]Thanks for all that info. I will try to get out there. If I make it I will call you rk. I got ya number.

Where in Taipei is that bike shop?[/quote]
Wu Tian is at 台北縣中和市景平路69號 zhong he, 69 jing ping road. They specialize in NSRs. Haven’t run across a problem they can’t fix there yet. Just be prepared for a long wait if you go there.

It’s too bad you can’t make it out to the meeting next saturday guys. I dunno if there are more tests actually. Looks like I have quite the challenge though now catching up to you! Hope you guys get beast’s engine fixed alright. Keep in mind what class you wanna race in.

Anyone do the rookies race? How was it?