Lucky's going for surgery, needs a temporary home

You may recal that Lucky, the dog I rescued earlier this year, has made a complete recovery from the tick borne disease that was compromising his immune system. But still the wound he sustained on his mouth during that time has not healed. Or rather, it has healed, but the opening has not closed over.

Lucky needs to get a little corrective surgery as he is having problems eating. Having an open spot on his mouth is also affecting his gums. Lucky will be attended by some fine doctors in Taipei but seeing as he hails from Kaohsiung he will need a temporary home while he undergoes tests and surgery. If you can provide this home for Lucky please contact Robert at rscottpk AT gmail.com or Chris at BARK in Kaohsiung: chris AT bark-taiwan.org

Lucky is housebroken, doesn’t bark or chew furniture and is very relaxed around other dogs and people. You will be compensated for his food during the time he is with you and any other expenses.

Thanks all for any help you can provide.

This doesn’t actually describe Lucky well enough. Lucky is PERFECT! I’m not kidding. He’s been staying with us at BARK since January and he has NEVER peed or pooed in the house, NEVER chewed anything and RARELY barks. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve heard him bark in the 5 months he’s been here. And, to top it off, he is amazingly SWEET. Everyone who meets Lucky comments on what a sweet and handsome dog he is. He’s great with children and other pets and he’s very calm. He’s so fabulous that it’s a wonder why he hasn’t been adopted yet. I’d take him in a heartbeat if I didn’t already have 4 pets of my own… sigh
Please remember that it’s only for 1 month and a month goes by really fast.

BTW Mucha Man, Lucky knows his name very well now. He sits, comes, and shakes a paw on command flawlessly. He’s an extrememly smart dog and we are going to train him to make coffee in the morning :slight_smile:

This doesn’t actual describe Lucky well enough. Lucky is PERFECT! I’m not kidding. He’s been staying with us at BARK since January and he has NEVER peed or pooed in the house, NEVER chewed anything and RARELY barks. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve heard him bark in the 5 months he’s been here. And, to top it off, he is amazingly SWEET. Everyone who meets Lucky comments on what a sweet and handsome dog he is. He’s great with children and other pets and he’s very calm. He’s so fabulous that it’s a wonder why he hasn’t been adopted yet. I’d take him in a heartbeat if I didn’t already have 4 pets of my own… sigh
Please remember that it’s only for 1 month and a month goes by really fast.

BTW Muzha Man, Lucky knows his name very well now. He sits, comes, and shakes a paw on command flawlessly. He’s an extrememly smart dog and we are going to train him to make coffee in the morning :slight_smile:[/quote]

What a dog. I rescued a winner for sure. :thumbsup:

Still looking. We had a great offer but it fell through. Who will be the Lucky one to take in this outstanding pooch?