Lucy Letby murders

There’s some serious arse covering going on. Not surprising as it’s almost certainly going to be corporate manslaughter.

Rees is in a pretty weak position IMO. If she is planning to take legal action that Brearey lied then she’s going to have to explain why he wouldn’t provide her with the information he claims he did. I can’t think of a reason why he wouldn’t.

It looks like something in the unit was seriously amiss in terms of relations between doctors and nursing staff, and management was a big problem.

I mean they made the original whistle blowers apologize to Letby ffs. How fucked up is that?

4 Likes

Her dad was threatening to take it to the GMC for bullying. All very complicated,.

Assistant heads must roll, as they say.

Most of the management team pulled the PTSD line to avoid giving evidence. They appear to have recovered now. I think they’re setting Brearey up as the fall guy.

Women who murder are few and far between. Women who murder children are super rare. Women who murder children other than their own… super double mega rare.

Remember Beverly Allitt?

The Letby trial has been rumbling on for a long time. She’s being placed in a relatively cushy prison, which will upset a lot of people.

Is there such a thing?

It is not surprising that a corporate manslaughter case is likely. Obviously it is surprising that a female serial killer killed babies.

I haven’t heard anything about that.

Yeah. We let our prisoners in some prisons have loads of luxury items.

1 Like
1 Like

Over a male baby killer? Really? I’d go with female over male the whole way.

1 Like

I didn’t make that comparison.

I’ve got a feeling I’m getting picked on here, misquoted and taken completely out of context etc. Yeah, fuck off all. Good night!

1 Like

Not from me. I hadn’t heard about the corporate manslaughter case.

We good. Just chatting about a strange case.

1 Like

I, not being on the jury, and not having seen most of the evidence, have my doubts. They’ve released some of the texts to the media, stating shit like she had a god complex. I don’t read it that way at all, and no idea how they can be used as evidence, if they were.

The evidence that she was on shift for all of the involved babies’ deaths cases feels a lot like data manipulation to plant a seed of doubt. I’d be interested to see the data when you extrapolate it out to all deaths on shift over a given time range.

The notes she wrote about being guilty and hating herself, seems a bit obvious. Dunno, I’m not convinced.

Anyway, she is certainly not the only guilty party in my opinion, but in all honesty, I don’t really care that much either.

Thanks for your contribution :expressionless:

You’re welcome.

This is a forum, after all.

I wonder if she will appeal.
Here a scientist with expertise in rare paediatric diseases, looked at the case:
https://rexvlucyletby2023.com/

2 Likes

Prof Norman Fenton

Some researchers & legal scholars are expressing concerns about the #LucyLetby trial. Today I interviewed one such prominent researcher

@LawHealthTech

to discuss his concerns

https://twitter.com/profnfenton/status/1694095193669030110?s=46