Lumps at vaccination site. Please help. So distraught

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading this and helping me! I had taken my cat to get her rabies vaccination on April 14, 2015 and then another vaccination for FEliv on May 7, 2015. My vet had injected in the same area on her upper back.

On May 28, I suddenly noticed two lumps in that same area of injection. One lump is about the size of a pea. The other lump is very thin and is about the size of a grain of rice. What do you think these two lumps are? I’m just praying that they,re just granulomas from the two injections and nothing serious.

I have really no idea when they formed as I just noticed them yesterday. Is it normal for them to still be there from the time of the injection? How long does it usually take to go away?

Also, I’ve been using a warm compress and massaging them. Does this help?

Thank you so much. I feel so scared and confused.

Thank you again.

I wouldn’t massage them, you’ll probably make them worse. A lump the size of a pea and another lump that’s even smaller don’t sound alarming to me. It’s normal for bodies to react to vaccinations. It’s a sign the vaccine is having an effect, which is what we want. Vets are usually open on Saturdays. Maybe take your cat back for a checkup if you’re worried? But if there are no other symptoms I wouldn’t bother.