Luxgen Taiwan Cars

My colleague has one, it’s terrible! It looked very nice when he bought it but now it has many problems and is back for repairs lots of times and the inside has man creaking and rattily noises like an old car not less than two years old.

3 Likes

Lol. Which rental shop?

Pony at Taichung HSR

1 Like

Wow. I heard about similar problems years ago, but I thought the newer models had that improved.

London black cab is made in England, New York Taxis are mostly Ford, in Germany I see mostly Mercedes Benz, Peguot in France, Fiat in Italy, before 2000 almost all taxi in Mexico were beetle produced locally, Korea had mostly Hyundai taxis on road. And here we have Taiwan with locally made cars where almost all taxi choose Toyota

3 Likes

Many, if not most, of those Toyota’s are manufactured in Taiwan.

2 Likes

They may have improved but they’re still pretty bad. If you are looking at buying a new car I strongly suggest look at something else and don’t even think about a second hand Luxgen!

2 Likes

No excess on the insurance?

None.

2 Likes

I tried the one Zhubei once too. No problem with insurance and very decent price.

Did you finally buy one?

Luxgen - aka luxury genius.
Not the best cars a bit cobbled together.

Get a nissan very solid reliable, skip toyota too fragile those cambelts can go anytime wreck your motor.

What Toyota has a cam belt?

1 Like

Yes, we did!
We got a URX just recently as we are expecting a new member in the Roll family.
So far so good, it’s very spacious and comfortable. If there’s one thing they could improve is the sound isolation, it doesn’t compare to our previous Custin.

2 Likes

Congratulations for two new babies!

3 Likes

If it is a boy it is imperative that you name him Royce. :face_with_monocle:

:wink:

2 Likes

Or Drum, to create some tension :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Back on topic, I unintentionally tested the safety system today.
An Ojisan and his companion were in an scooter and decided to suddenly turn left in front of the incoming traffic (yours truly).
I had a fraction of a second to react and when my foot touched the brake pedal, the car was already breaking automatically. I pushed down even further, and the ABS system jumped into action, ensuring the best efficiency of the brake. And at the same time, it turned the hazard lights on to let the car behind know an accident was about to happen.
Luckily, both the Ojisan and I left the incident with nothing but a quicker heartbeat, but I have to say I was surprised with the speedy emergency response of my Luxgen.

5 Likes

Congrats. Always wondered about the quality of Luxgen. At CNY in February my wife’s cousin showed up in a Luxgen SUV. She’s a finance exec at some “big company” somewhere (never did get the name).

If a finance pro chooses to drive a Luxgen, and assuming she paid/is paying for it, that definitely catches my attention. And it sounds like it’s already spared some Rolls some unnecessary pain, too!

2 Likes

Yeah, the brand got some bad reputation due to issues in the past. So many people avoid it without even trying, even though the quality of their cars improved a lot in the past 5 years.
The silver lining is that you can get a good car for a good price!

2 Likes