Mac ibook g3 power adaptor

Anyone have one for sale?

My friend’s broke. It is the one with the plug in tip and not the magnetic ones

Kinda of like this

powermax.com/parts/show/767488

Any suggestions on where to get a second hand one or a new one?

Thanks much.

The Apple store on Bade’s the best bet.

They’ll have even the old stuff?

Anyone have a phone number?

Sorry, no number. I went in looking for an electrical cord for my G4 iBook, thinking they’d have to order one, and walked out with one 2 mins later.

MAYBE this place:

Phone: (02) 3322-3733
八德路一段15號3F

I haven’t been there, but another Apple-retailing store directed me there for a new PowerBook G4 battery and wrote that info on a piece of note paper. I (ok, my wife) called them and discovered I have to actually go in to order the battery. I hope to get there this weekend.

Hi,

I have a Macbook which I will bring to Taipei. I have the same problem, only the power plug at the end is designed for Australian three prongs (240V) system. Should just get an adaptor or shell out more $ for the a new one? (that is Two Prong, I’m sure available at any Apple Store in Taipei?)

It looks like this

I’m a little worried about voltage/grounded if I just plug a two prong on in. Should I just get three to two prong adaptor?

Most plugs in Taiwan don’t have three prongs anyway - none in my apartment do. I’m constantly ripping off the third prong to plug things in. I probably don’t want to know how risky that is. At one time I used three to two prong adaptors, but then noticed my one of my cats was starting to gnaw on them, so that was the end of that. Er, the end of that plug method, not the end of that cat.

(As you probably know, Taiwanese plugs are the same size as North American plugs - I use the same plugs here in Taiwan as I do when I visit Canada in the summer.)

I don’t really want to rip off a prong…

So back to my original question…

1. Just buy an adaptor?

2. Get a new power cord from Apple?

[quote=“digiboy”]I don’t really want to rip off a prong…

So back to my original question…

1. Just buy an adaptor?

2. Get a new power cord from Apple?[/quote]

I was waiting from some mac-head to answer, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. Either get a three-to-two-prong adapter, or just get a new cable that goes from the power supply to the wall once you’re here. They’re really easy to find and extremely cheap.

No need for a whole new power supply.

Cool. Thanks irishstu

You’re welcome. Incidentally, this is the sort of cable I’m talking about, in case it’s not clear:

that kind of cord will not work on my mac. take a look at my pic…

I’m pretty sure that should fit fine. If you’re worried, you still have the option of the 3-2-prong adapter instead I guess.

Perhaps someone with a macbook can chime in to confirm if this cable would fit into one of those adapters.

The connectors on these plug adapters look the same as the connector on that cable, if you ask me.

they do…but if were to turn them over you would notice that there is a groove in which a metal pin slides in into…

don’t worry I’ll just go to a mac shop and sort it out…

[quote=“digiboy”]they do…but if were to turn them over you would notice that there is a groove in which a metal pin slides in into…

don’t worry I’ll just go to a mac shop and sort it out…[/quote]

The metal pin is the earth connection. You’re doing away with that anyway by going to a 2-pin plug.

Anyway, let us know how you get on at the Apple shop.