Made in Taiwan, China

They actually do. And they used to sand blast and put them in a tumbler with rocks.

2 Likes

Yes, most dorms only fans. My old company about 10 years ago installed thousands of ACs in their dorms at a factory in China.

Huh. Well then. Once again this forums info has made me speechless. not surprised, but somehow speechless. As I have nothing nice to say about that, I am going to listen to Thumper from Bambi in this one!!

Update on the matter.

So far I’ve submitted my complaint to the CPC, and the CPC called me back that same day telling me since I didn’t buy the product, it’s really not their case and told me to report it to the TFTC.

I then submitted my complaint to the TFTC using their website, but I didn’t get an response until today, a full 5 days later. It again says it’s not their business and told me to report it to the Ministry of Economic Affairs.

This is typical bureaucracy in Taiwan, and exactly why I would not try to do this by bringing the evidence in person to any of these places.

Come to think of it, perhaps I should have submit my complaint to the Consumers’ Foundation NGO instead.

https://www.consumers.org.tw/home.html

1 Like

No problem. I’ll do it all in September when I have a day off.

2 Likes

Apple is in the process of relocating Apple Watch and Mac production to the Southeast Asian country of Vietnam as part of a broader push to diversify its supply chain , Nikkei Asia reports. The report says that Apple’s supplier Luxshare has begun trial production of Apple Watch and MacBook models in Vietnam.’

1 Like

Buying washing machine, and RT Mart is trying to screw the customers.

there were 2 washing machines I was eyeing . staff said both made in Taiwan. Wife confirmed with them.

1 had an advert claiming made in Taiwan, the other didn’t mention. I took pictures of the manufacturers label, made in China. Clearly an RT Mart fuckery.

I wont be buying these, clearly. But I was told last time when reporting to buy it and they can help as well. not spending thousands on this one. anyineknow the proper channel to report label fraud (without purchasing)?

1 Like

I have a moral dilemma:

A young KMT individual who is running for local office was handing out masks. I saw him pull them from a box that said something about 醫療 (medical) but it was all in simplified characters. The box also had an address in Xiamen (in simplified characters).

HOWEVER, the masks had “Made in Taiwan” stamped into them.

They absolutely reeked of Chinese garbage manufacturing and when I lightly tugged on the sides, it split open like a paper towel. I compared that to my mask from Watsons or wherever that I’d been wearing all day, and I couldn’t tug it apart with my hands. I cut into it and the layers were significantly more substantial than the paper towel I’d pulled apart. It’s clear this KMT politician hopeful is handing out medical masks that were made in The People’s Republic of China, but are claiming to be made in Taiwan.

I don’t really have an opinion of Chinese manufacturers claiming fake Gucci and LV came from their country of origin (especially cuz I’m pretty sure even those are made in China now), but these are MEDICAL MASKS!

Do I make a stink about this?

I was too shocked to even think to take a photo of the box and I’m not interested in once again hearing his speil about how he’s opening a “bilingual cram school” and hopes I can work there (with no ability to articulate what “bilingual cram school” means) just to gather evidence that would probably be used against me in a court of law.

I guess I don’t expect helpful advice. I’ll be 自在 about this and move on. But I guess if you didn’t think the KMT was already a shit political party, know that some of their candidates are handing out PRC made medical masks that claim to be made in Taiwan…

2 Likes

honestly, as much as I agree with your frustration, you need evidence. there ar enunerous ways to gain evidence, many of which involve temporarily stroking the egos of traitors. but without it, what can be done?

see my avatar for proof that the KMT are treasonous, right down to their name. it should be no surprise they will support the enemy. they have been doing it for ages, and are getting WAY worse…the President Ma selliut of Taiwan was the last bit of proof they are CCP shills. it is just common knowledge now. The real issue is their opposition are still corrupt as shit too. Despite how many things the Tsai administration has done, the other side can justifiably point fi.gers that they are shit too.

Round and round we go. But it does seem to be better this round, by orders of magnitude. Still lightyears from OK though. People will focus on that last part and maintain full suicide.

1 Like