Magazine feature

Well besides the fact my company name was spelt wrong (differently each time too) dispite having the freaking name on the bike in front of them, plus the speed times being wrong…
I think it looks pretty cool!.

Yep thats me, they didnt use the photo where im pointing at the camera, they used the one where i got bored and started resting on the bars!.

That’s the point, easy riding, easy burning.

cool…but that magazine needs to shoot their editor for the blatant spelling mistakes on the same word…idiots!

Do you need to get a new tire now?? :sunglasses:

Ask the magazine to make a correction on the next months issue. I had a similar problem with my advertisement, they give me free banner on their website.

Just let me know when you want your username changed to Samurai’s Coot eh? :wink:

What is a coot btw? Google failed…

coot: slate-black slow-flying birds somewhat resembling ducks (from google)

sigh

[quote=“nazmikarakoc”]Do you need to get a new tire now?? :sunglasses:
Ask the magazine to make a correction on the next months issue. I had a similar problem with my advertisement, they give me free banner on their website.[/quote]

I was using a maxxis tyre at the time, its not my main tyre, i use bridgestone SS on the street… which is a bit overkill really.

Im gonna call them up and see if they can do something about the spelling… plus ignoring my rear shocks which are made specially for the BWS-125!.

His real name is Cygnus, guys.

goose.

well, swan actually, but close.

Armoured jacket, bare legs. How cool is that?

it was 40c and i was suffering with heat exhaustion and sunburn for 2 days after :fume:
hey i wore shoes at least :whistle:

it was 40c and I was suffering with heat exhaustion and sunburn for 2 days after :fume:
hey i wore shoes at least :whistle:[/quote]

Cooler than a full suit anyway, then.

I sometimes wonder if the “All the gear all the time” advocates are (a) full of it, or (b) ever ride in the summer, here.

it was 40c and I was suffering with heat exhaustion and sunburn for 2 days after :fume:
hey i wore shoes at least :whistle:[/quote]

Cooler than a full suit anyway, then.

I sometimes wonder if the “All the gear all the time” advocates are (a) full of it, or (b) ever ride in the summer, here.[/quote]

I dont know how they do it to be honest with you, i cant even walk in shoes anymore, i wear flipflops… i hate flipflops!.
In the uk i always wore my alipnestar armoured jacket,gloves and arai helmet come rain or shine, but in tropical climates… its not possible :frowning:

I wore my (largely improvised) gear pretty consistently until very recently, because I’m unskilled, so there’s a high probability of me having an accident, but last weekend I spent the whole day riding around on a scooter in shorts and shirtsleeves (though with the Taiwanese army “blackboard jungle boot” copies that are my general purpose “shoe” here, and a fullface).

Unsafe, I know, but it was just TOO FUCKING HOT to wear the gear. I’ll have to investigate some ventilated mesh stuff.

Its worse with the RZR because its kickstart only. If I’m wearing the gear I’ve got about three to five kicks max to get it started, then I can’t see to ride it and am ready to collapse.

[quote=“Ducked”]I wore my (largely improvised) gear pretty consistently until very recently, because I’m unskilled, so there’s a high probability of me having an accident, but last weekend I spent the whole day riding around on a scooter in shorts and shirtsleeves (though with the Taiwanese army “blackboard jungle boot” copies that are my general purpose “shoe” here, and a fullface).

Unsafe, I know, but it was just TOO FUCKING HOT to wear the gear. I’ll have to investigate some ventilated mesh stuff.

Its worse with the RZR because its kickstart only. If I’m wearing the gear I’ve got about three to five kicks max to get it started, then I can’t see to ride it and am ready to collapse.[/quote]

Ha ha ha. I know what you mean. Use to be the same on the motocross. You start it first and then get dressed. :laughing:

I’m an ATGATT guy. The mesh gear is very usable in the 'wan, esp. when moving. The problem becomes the helmet, esp. if a dark color. Flip-ups help alot. The new Nolan flip-ups with single lever release are very good. Every traffic light… flip up.

[quote=“iix23”][quote=“Ducked”]I wore my (largely improvised) gear pretty consistently until very recently, because I’m unskilled, so there’s a high probability of me having an accident, but last weekend I spent the whole day riding around on a scooter in shorts and shirtsleeves (though with the Taiwanese army “blackboard jungle boot” copies that are my general purpose “shoe” here, and a fullface).

Its worse with the RZR because its kickstart only. If I’m wearing the gear I’ve got about three to five kicks max to get it started, then I can’t see to ride it and am ready to collapse.[/quote]

Ha ha ha. I know what you mean. Use to be the same on the motocross. You start it first and then get dressed. :laughing:[/quote]

Tried that. It starts first kick and then purrs like a (2) stroked cat (sort of) until I come back all togged up, then it cuts out, and I have to kick it, lots, anyway.

THINGS are evil, too.

I’ve been holding off on buying mesh gear because I wasn’t sure how much, or for how long, I was going to be riding, but I suppose that’s not very sensible. My open-front overalls (with knee and elbow pads) aren’t too bad when moving but once I lose the air-scoop I melt, and they probably don’t give much protection anyway.

Any specific recommendations for mesh? (brands, sources)

Any name brand that is on discount. Most of my mesh stuff is Joe Rocket. Most of my heavier dernier winter stuff is Tour Master. Sorta happened that way. I have several motos in different places, so I have to keep riding gear with the motos, which means the “discount” part is important. My lightest mesh jacket is the one I use in the 'wan, and is a brand called “Airflow”. It has an excellent, zippered, sealed-seam rain liner.

congrats on making the magazine!

man u got a lot of cool toys :sunglasses: