Mail-order bride order companies in Taiwan

I just came across this. I am wondering if this is a common thing in Taiwan. Are many South East Asian women in Taiwan from mail-order bride company’s?

I mean, there appear to be 35 companies doing good enough business to exist, so it can’t be that uncommon. Seems like all this poor sod did wrong was not get licensed.

6 Likes

It was more prevalent through out the 90s and the 2000s. Most SEA countries have seen their own economic boom, and less candidates are willing to participate, and those who do, usually are just looking for a legal way to get into the country and then disappear underground. Back in those days there were even Ukrainian mail-order bride companies.

1 Like

Mail order brides are extremely common and the practice is even quite socially acceptable

1 Like

Very very common. vast majority of Vietnamese ladies you would meet immigrated by this method . Even Chinese ladies back in the day. Needs a license to operate such an agency.

Some work out, many are unsuccessful .

1 Like

Get with the times. Tinder is easier and it costs less.

Remember the late night TV channels with the seemingly endless video catalogues of mail order brides? It’s outlawed now, but I wish I had a copy for posterity.

Here are some other references.

2 Likes