Make Taiwan Rich: People buying laptops again

Fair enough, but seems to be missing the point. Firstly those are companies, and their inner dealing are above both of our paygrades to comment on too detailed. And although corporations like say tmsc are taiwan owned, and many things made in house, that doesnt mean they they dont deal with the devil. I mean the enemy. I mean the CCP…

I compare the CCP to the nazis, but not the jews to taiwan. Most obviously jews are a religion/race. Taiwan is not, it is a country. So they cant be compared with each other.

Perhaps a more fair comparison is as such.

Nazis (a political party) vs. Jew s (a religious and/or racial group), the west, africa, other countries etc. Eugenics, The whole bit.

Is more like

CCP (a political party vs. Uyghurs, tibetans, indians, japanese, taiwanese, hakka, cantonese, buddhists, christians, the west, vietnem, water supplies, mining, pollution, air waves, space travel fucking everything. Also quasi eugenic related, though not as sophisticated as the germans back in nazi times.

The issue is there. Everything is stepping up to war. If we, in the 30s , ignored nazi because previous wars were fought with swords, it would be just like if we ignore CCP now because nazis didnt have the internet…or related ignorance. Bad idea, all around. For countries like Taiwan, India, USA, Japan, Korea and.many more, allowing companies to deal with China (by their own admition is by proxy dealing with the CCP) should be treasonous. Despite you get stuff cheaper and ignore the suffering world wide to create it. Customers control easily as much as the government. At least for now. Suffer now, or suffer later. They havent showed any inclination to improve humanity, so…No excuses, sorry.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. I just talked to a woman from Taiwan last Saturday. She’s been in the States for ten years and she said salaries in Taiwan haven’t increased since she got her master’s degree twenty years ago. Her husband is doing a postdoc at GW and her son’s a freshman at Johns Hopkins.

Thats exactly why taiwan is a country of entrepreneurs. Many may fail, but the globe is filled with taiwanese making deals behind the scenes. Amazingly successful and significant! Just imagine if we had quality education and high moral standards behind our massive global influence . Results would be quite measurable and apparent.

2 Likes
1 Like

I am hopeful, it would be nice. But Acer is also well know for shat quality products. I am ultra pro taiwan, and i wont even use a free acer product anymore. Maybe a keyboard or mouse…they have their work cut out for them to regain customer loyalty (based on quality, not price).