Making out in Chinese

Hi all,

I recently bought a COOL book in Caves Book store, Kaohsiung.

Daniels, Ray. Making out in Chinese. 1993, Yenbooks, Tokyo.

‘From lovers language to fighting words - all you need to speak like a native’

This book will teach you all the stuff other books (or co-teachers) won’t. It’s great!

The “Making Out” series is a little strange. It seems to focus on taboo words and/or concepts (drugs figure prominently). I suppose it’s meant as a “phrasebook supplement” for use among the nightclub-going set, though i have difficulty imagining the circumstances under which one would flip through the book in order to learn how to cry out “faster!” or “harder!”

I photocopied some of the sex pages of the China book to look at with my gf. She said it used a lot of mainland Chinese slang.

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”] I have difficulty imagining the circumstances under which one would flip through the book in order to learn how to cry out “faster!” or “harder!”[/quote] :shock:
You have difficulty imagining??

You don’t flip through it during, you memorize it before. Then say it during.

Just as long as you don’t get the words (and tones) confused. . . .

A guy I know who went to Russia mixed up “minoot” (as in, the time unit of “one minute”) and “minyet” (as in, blowjob). Major embarassment when he told his Russian xiaojie to give him a minute while he looked at something. . . .

Well, I suppose our (presumably male) nightclub haunter will have to memorize the whole book then. Or else, when his sweetie says “I’ve missed my period, let’s get married” in Chinese, it’ll just sound like “blah blah blah blah blah” to him.