Male bashing in the media

In almost every single country, victims of violent crimes are heavily statistically males. Although yes, in certain countries women do have worst conditions. But what you just said it utterly not statistically true. Do men not have to watch out for our behaviors as well?

And I think we need to focus on specific places. Yes in Saudi Arabia women have it worse. I would gladly stand with anyone on help women there gain more rights. But I’m not seeing many women in the West fighting for the rights for women I Saudi Arabia. What rights do women not have in Taiwan that men do? Or in the West?

They don’t have the right to be conscripted into the military.

1 Like

Know how to distinguish the difference between in law and in practice. Women are half the population yet their representation in our senate is 21% - Nearly 80% male. Half the population yet they only hold 6.4% of Fortune 500 CEO roles.

Privilege is often invisible to those who have it. As a person of color you should know this well.

By the way (though I’m not an expert), true feminists would likely argue for equal opportunity military roles. I’ve heard of the movement where female marines, soldiers, military personnel had fought for combat roles for ages. They want to serve just as much as their male counterparts do - and might’ve recently been given the green light (I could be wrong on this).

1 Like

You seemed to missed the point that sports value entertainment. Athletes are paid more because they are more entertaining and can be marketed more and not actually performance or minuets played or practiced. Although most of the time the better player gets paid more, more often than not in professional sports the more entertaining athletes gets paid more even if they statistically might not be as good at helping their team win. You can’t force me to watch a sporting event and be entertained. I don’t watch hockey either and not because I think less of hockey players, I just don’t personally find it entertaining. That’s it. I watch what’s entertaining, and there have been female athletes that I found entertaining but not many.

But let’s take that perhaps in most organized sports that women biologically just aren’t as big.

MMA and especially the UFC does well marketing the women’s division. And they fight on a more even playing field due to weight classes. So unlike other sports where obviously a bigger stronger person has an advantage, fighters are put into weight classes to prevent a giant fighter from just dominating the sport. This is the biggest fight with the so called best fighter and most market female fighter Ronda rousey at the time…

She’s in the blue. Maybe you find this entertaining but I’m not paying PPV money to watch this awful unentertaining performance. No matter how much they pushed it into my face.

Senators are elected officials and like you said, half the population are women. Are you saying women are also being sexist and just voting for men? You vote for the candidate that you feel is better and represents you better. Not on the gender of the person last I check. I don’t get how there’s inequality when females can vote.

Do you know what it’s like to be a CEO? It’s like people have this image of these privilege people who sit around and sip scotch and smoke cigars. My father was a CEO, and worked 80 hour weeks, sacrificed his personal life, family life, health and basically everything for it. It sounds great to be the CEO, but how many people are actually cut out for it. I know I didn’t want his position and therefore I didn’t go into the business. I like personal life, I want to find time for sports, etc. I have a strong feeling many women and actually most men probably don’t want to be the CEO if they knew what it’s like.

Also you forgot to mention those Female CEO actually make more than the men on average. So funny how stats work huh.

3 Likes

Read below:

It’s called conditioning.

I am one. On top of juggling a creative role directing films.

Actually many successful CEOs share traits similar to those of psychopaths/sociopaths, ha. Thats not to say there aren’t boys and girls who don’t want to do it. There absolutely are, and I know of a few who are doing internships and pulling themselves through college who still have such ambitions.

By the way, given the choice, I’d totally pick to 100% focus on directing. CEO work is draining.

But neither of these are the point, the point is the opportunities given aren’t equally dispersed.

What? Am I too high on this 2018 legal recreational weed or are you seriously comparing a fortune CEO to a steel worker or some such? :joy:
For Pete’s sake, look at the Forbes list of richest people in the world. Yep.

1 Like

By the way, if you think men are “getting bashed for no reason” then you’re either delusional, or are likely hanging out with the wrong ladies. Women are people (people often forget), some of them are sleeve-rolling, hard-working humans who deserve respect, and some are assholes and douchebags.

1 Like

So women have been conditioned into thinking that they’re inferior to men and should rely on them even when it comes to electing the ruling class…well, it’s settled then. Women make less money and have fewer high responsability jobs or political positions because they’re easier to condition/manipulate.
Fair enough.

1 Like

So you’re saying men don’t vote? Just checking the level of discussion we’re having - school yard or civil adult.

White and blue collar collar.

I think he’s being sarcastic.

You explained that the reason why there isn’t a nearly 50/50 split in political positions between men and women is because women have been conditioned into voting for men. The fact that men do vote is irrelevant.

I asked for a specific incidence of inequality, and the womens soccer team is one that I can understand. However, I think they messed up grouping with all US womens national teams vs just womens soccer. Also another fact people don’t mention is US national womens soccer players actually get a salary, men do not.

Sort of. Mostly pointing out a logical fallacy so dumb that it proves the opposite argument.

Maybe the next article will get to that. I’ll probably just have a beverage or something, but you never know.

No I asked in what field, like do women doctors get paid less than men? That 20% I believe is an average of all the fields of work. So yeah, so jobs get paid less and they happen to be more female dominated fields and the other way around.

Same rights they do not have anywhere: to not be assumed as a culprit when victim of crime, for starters. To have a fair chance at work and studies and heritance and money management.

Did you know the US did not give credit cards to women until the late 70s? In Taiwan, most families still give the whole inheritance to the male, leaving females - who probably have taken care of their elderly parents- out in the cold. We can also go through the laws and effectively speaking, women are mostly royally screwed here -starting with the criminalization of infidelity, divorce, child custody, etc. All my Taiwanese fellow students have lost their kids in the divorce, three have gotten bamboozled and framed for infidelity. In a class of 40 people, that si worrisome as not all are married.

1 Like

yeah, maybe, of the 500 CEOs you mentioned. The women on average make more.

False. Most of what you spun was your personal conjecture out of one word. I referred to conditioning in that, in comparison 1) boys have traditionally been more encouraged to pursue such fields (and therefore more male candidates), and 2) In having predominantly seen men in such positions, impressionistic boys and girls all grow up to feel more inclined to vote one way. This may shock you, but people don’t vote based purely on agenda/policy. There are a lot of idiots in this world, sexual organs aside.

1 Like

You need to clarify. I can’t believe what I’m reading, or what I think I’m reading.