Malware warning from posts in Tech forum ?!?

I’ve been using Google’s chrome browser for a couple of days and it’s great except it seems to spit the dummy when viewing certain posts on Forumosa… specifically any post by rocky raccoon or so it seems at first glance… basically all threads and pages on the 'mosa open and all is well, unless I click on any page containing a post by rocky raccoon upon which it throws up the malware warning screen cap posted below… pages without posts by rocky raccoon open fine, even those within the same thread for eg. pages 1 and 3 of the “Large Hadron Collider” thread balk at loading and throw up the warning whereas page 2 opens fine…

:idunno: beats the hell out of me… anyone have any ideas?..

EDIT: back to smaller screen cap…

I don’t get that, And your image is too small to read so doesn’t help. The only think I can think of is his avatar

http://www.petfishpirate.com/captain/avatars/raccoon4.jpg

Contains the word “pirate”, so is obviously fishy.

Fishy, pirate, sea, geddit?

Maybe that domain had something dodgy once in the past, which is enough to cause that warning.

Yeah, it’ll be the avatar. I’ll ask rocky raccoon to host it on imageshack or something to stop that malware warning.

Edit: PM sent

I’m not getting any warning. (PC running Windows IE)

yeah, in IE it doesn’t do anything, only in Chrome… not sure what conclusions to draw from that…

thanks for the help and insight lads, seems it must be the avatar host site… if there was a “don’t ask again” checkbox for the malware warning I’d just hit that, but… well Chrome’s only a beta I guess…

sorry to mess with your avatar hosting Rocky Raccoon, TBH I thought the issue was maybe on my end…

Yeah, I get the feeling that Chrome is just being a little bit sensitive. There should certainly be no danger from the avvie itself. Nevertheless, I’ve asked him to change the url, just to stop the annoying message.

[quote=“plasmatron”]yeah, in IE it doesn’t do anything, only in Chrome… not sure what conclusions to draw from that…

thanks for the help and insight lads, seems it must be the avatar host site… if there was a “don’t ask again” checkbox for the malware warning I’d just hit that, but… well Chrome’s only a beta I guess…

sorry to mess with your avatar hosting Rocky Raccoon, TBH I thought the issue was maybe on my end…[/quote]I get a similar warning when I go to the actual petfish.com site in Firefox. But there’s no problem showing the avatar in Firefox.

Rocky raccoon is now hosting the avatar at imageshack. Could you please check if you are still having any problems, plasmatron?
Cheers.

[quote=“irishstu”]Rocky raccoon is now hosting the avatar at imageshack. Could you please check if you are still having any problems, plasmatron?
Cheers.[/quote]That’s fixed it in Chrome for me at least.

[quote=“irishstu”]Rocky raccoon is now hosting the avatar at imageshack. Could you please check if you are still having any problems, plasmatron?
Cheers.[/quote]

Nope… That did the trick, no more paranoia from Chrome… Thanks Stu…

[quote=“plasmatron”][quote=“irishstu”]Rocky raccoon is now hosting the avatar at imageshack. Could you please check if you are still having any problems, plasmatron?
Cheers.[/quote]

Nope… That did the trick, no more paranoia from Chrome… Thanks Stu…[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback (both of you).

You can thank rocky, not me. :slight_smile:

ah… good point… as quasi-official spokesperson for Google’s operations at my living room in Dakeng, please accept my thanks and apologies for putting you to undue avatar hosting inconvenience, Rocky Raccoon… :wink:

[Rocky enters the room, head hung in shame.]

Thanks for letting me know about that irishstu. I think it’s kind of my fault because I’m the webmaster of www.petfishpirate.com. I built the site for my friend in Taichung and host my avatar on there because there’s so much free space on the hosting account.

Somehow Google marked the site as distributing malware. I have no idea why because it’s a simple Wordpress installation and I imagine only 100 people have ever visited the site in their life. I don’t get the issue in Safari or IE7, but on FF3 it shows that red screen of death.

Any other webmasters out there experienced such an issue? I even bothered to do the whole verify in the Google Webmaster Tools sections, but fer f*ck sakes nothing changed.