Mammograms in Tainan

Anyone know where to get a mammogram, preferably in/around Tainan? (But Taipei is OK, too).

Do you need to see a gynecologist first, and then have the doctor make the appointment?

And for that matter: Can anyone recommend a good gynecologist in/around Tainan?

P.S. I wanted to post this message on the women’s forum, but for some reason I am “not authorized” to visit that discussion. This is only my second visit to Forumosa. How does one receive authorization for special discussion forums like the women’s forum?

Thanks.

[quote=“shanhua”]Anyone know where to get a mammogram, preferably in/around Tainan? (But Taipei is OK, too).

Do you need to see a gynecologist first, and then have the doctor make the appointment?

P.S. I wanted to post this message on the women’s forum, but for some reason I am “not authorized” to visit that discussion. This is only my second visit to Forumosa. How does one receive authorization for special discussion forums like the women’s forum?

Thanks.[/quote]

You have to contact the Moderator of the Women’s forum thru a pm.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“shanhua”]Anyone know where to get a mammogram, preferably in/around Tainan? (But Taipei is OK, too).

Thanks.[/quote]

You have to contact the Moderator of the Women’s forum thru a pm.[/quote]

The woman’s forum moderator is lupillus. Sorry, I can’t give you information about health services in Tainan. I never lived there. I do think you need a doc’s referal for the mammogram because you need someone to talk to about it once is done, if for no other reason. However, most medical procedures can be had in Taiwan simply for the asking, or so it seems. If you think you may have some health issues, i.e. this is not just good health maintance practice, you need to be networking and talking to people until you find someome with the right answers. I’d start with the gynecologist. Just get in somewhere–if your doctor can’t speak English acceptably well, chances are he knows someone who can and won’t mind refering you.