Mandatory return policy?

Does anyone know if Taiwan has any mandatory (and statutory) return policy
on product purchases (in my case electronics)?
I keep hearing about 7 days but I wonder is it really a official regulation (any link to gov site?)
or just the optional industry practice?

I was told (voluntarily) several times by shop assistants in few places
I can return my purchase (photographic equipment) within 7 days.

Now the question is: is it an actual official consumer right regulations here
or just individual shop policy?

I have found this:
taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003269177
It seems to suggest nothing mandatory (just store policy)

Afaik it’s the law. However, this does not apply to mobiles, they somehow found a way to get out of it and claim they were “special”, “different” or whatever…

I was wondering what is the exact letter of the law. (in case I need to bring it out)

So far I have found the Article 19 on Consumer Protection Commission website (Executive Yuan)
which seems to apply to mail order (online also?) sales:

cpc.gov.tw/en/index.asp?pagenumber=638

Statute → Consumer Protection Law → Article 19

Article 19

Consumers of a mail order or door-to -door sale, if unwilling to purchase the goods received by them, may return the goods or notify in writing the business operators to rescind the purchase contract within 7 days upon receipt such goods without stating reasons or paying any expenses or the purchase price.

Any covenants set forth in the mail order purchase or door-to-door sale violating the preceding paragraph shall be null and void.
In case of the termination of the aforesaid contract, if the agreement relating to restoration between the business operators and consumers is less favorable to the consumers than Article 259 of the civil code, such agreement shall be null and void.

That’s the article. I only wonder why they would call it “door-to-door” in English, the Chinese text used 門市 (menshi), IIRC. So, basically, the law applies to both physical and virtual shops. The mobile phone people claim they would not be “menshi”. Strange, they look pretty much like they have set up shop (in the word’s truest meaning) all around the island…

Anyway, if the people you deal with are “difficult”, you may have an “interesting” time even if you take the law with you. I once had a discussion at a bank regarding the tax law. You can’t imagine with what stupid “explanations” of a pretty simple sentence they came up with…