Manspace (aka "The Shed")

Sorry bro, you’re right. The Pilsner looks great. I’ll bring some chips and dip and a sixer of Negra Modelo in case we get low.

Sounds good. We just need some ‘cover’ - you know, a constructive sounding project - so that those cunning womenfolk don’t suspect that our main purpose is drinking and bullshitting. Any ideas?

How about “I’ll be out in the shed. Just invited a couple of the boys over to help me gut a water buffalo.”

[quote=“mingshah”]All that girls in here and than no beer either… here, help yourself…

[/quote]

Here buddy, I picked this up at that Esso station off of Range Road 43, she’s all yours…

Sounds good. We just need some ‘cover’ - you know, a constructive sounding project - so that those cunning womenfolk don’t suspect that our main purpose is drinking and bullshitting. Any ideas?

How about “I’ll be out in the shed. Just invited a couple of the boys over to help me gut a water buffalo.”[/quote]

PERFECT!
Then when she complains, we just say “HEY! I’m just trying to put FOOD on the TABLE!”

Holy shit! The pangolin just fucking moved. You sure that thing is dead?

Gimme that…no, the cricket bat, here…

That guinea hen has been hanging for over two weeks. Trust me, 'aint NO women going to even step over the threshold until that thing’s been dressed.

Gimme that…no, the cricket bat, here…[/quote]

My shed brothers, I salute your knowledge of the Way of the Shed. :beer:

[quote=“the chief”]Here buddy, I picked this up at that Esso station off of Range Road 43, she’s all yours…
[/quote]

Thanks, but really, that’s to much for me. You can keep the girl than…

Yeah, a good thread.
I’ve got a really tall foyer, and a hardwood mezzanine will be going in in the next few months–jackhammerin’, sawin’, power-toolin’–the neighbors are gonna be happy. :laughing:
Think TV, sound system, fridge with home brew, bike rack and tools…
It’s been on the drawing board for a couple of years, but the wife is always finding the cookie jar. I’ve got it in a really safe place now. :smiley:

[quote=“Wookiee”]Yeah, a good thread.
I’ve got a really tall foyer, and a hardwood mezzanine will be going in in the next few months–jackhammerin’, sawin’, power-toolin’–the neighbors are gonna be happy. :laughing:
Think TV, sound system, fridge with home brew, bike rack and tools…
It’s been on the drawing board for a couple of years, but the wife is always finding the cookie jar. I’ve got it in a really safe place now. :smiley:[/quote]

Welcome, brother, bring some CDs if you’re coming in…

Two Sheds
My only shed is deep within my conscious mind.

Oh shit, someone make room for McCoy to lie down, he’s been huffing naptha again…

Hey, this is cool, irishstu hooked up a long range surveillance system that sounds a warning if anyone’s wife gets within a hundred yards…

I think he’s going to make it project a 3D hologram of a 20 foot shark with a laser on its head to scare them away…

[quote=“the chief”]Oh shit, someone make room for McCoy to lie down, he’s been huffing naptha again…

Hey, this is cool, irishstu hooked up a long range surveillance system that sounds a warning if anyone’s wife gets within a hundred yards…

I think he’s going to make it project a 3D hologram of a 20 foot shark with a laser on its head to scare them away…[/quote]

Good, glad it be 100 yards - I don’t hold with none of this modern metric shit. This shed is oughta be strictly imperial; anyone starts talkin’ centimeters gets a few rotations on the pig spit!

[quote=“the chief”]Here buddy, I picked this up at that Esso station off of Range Road 43, she’s all yours…
[/quote]

she looks just like the girl printed on a case of 24 Bitburger lagers. Funnily enough, to open the case, one has to poke one’s finger right through her left breast. That’s the best part.

Edit: I realise later that it’s not Bitburger (boring bottle and label) but St Pauli Girl. nice beer.

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“the chief”]Here buddy, I picked this up at that Esso station off of Range Road 43, she’s all yours…
[/quote]

she looks just like the girl printed on a case of 24 Bitburger lagers. Funnily enough, to open the case, one has to poke one’s finger right through her left breast. That’s the best part.[/quote]

I never said she was DEEP…

Christ on a bike, you lot are foul.

Don’t let that door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya, sugar…

no, no, you’ve convinced me that you should all be locked up in sheds at the end of the garden.

Here’s a short video on TED Talks that gave me the idea for this thread. Worth a look although the “manspaces” he shows are a bit clean and tidy for my tastes - you need a bit of grime and grunge to keep the women away.
http://www.ted.com/talks/sam_martin_builds_a_room_of_his_own.html