marriage, divorce and alimony

I just wanted to know that I am presently on a spouse visa in taiwan as I married a Taiwanese. after 5 years if we get divorced and I have aprc I know I can stay in Taiwan but if we have a kid do I need to pay for the kids expenses or alimony to my wife. how much would that be per month? or I don’t have to pay anything if she takes custody?

What kind of silly questions are this ?

By the way, getting an aprc us not as easy as you think.

Yes, after 5 years of marriage you should get it easily if you prove you had a regular income and you have paid taxes.
If that is not the case, then your spouse has to proof she could support you and her family with her single some income for the entire time of your marriage.
Or you both a proof of any other fortune or property.

Botton line is if you do part-time (maybe even black work under the table paid) and your wife (soon to be ex-wife) doesn’t agree to bring in much needed of her documentation, you are busted and you will not get an aprc.

Regarding child support, everything is up to personal agreements but as far as I know she could sue you for child aliments (roughly 10k per month).

1 Like

Great thanks. I’m already working as an English teacher so I will be paying taxes every month.

If you are concerned about paying for your own kid before they are born think long and hard before having a child.

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: from alimony

Condoms will be much cheaper, believe me. You can even shell out for the fancy ribbed ones.

2 Likes

I would say that goes for everyone, concerned or not.

1 Like

I mentioned this in the other “what if I get divorced” thread and it wasn’t very well received.

1 Like

I read the other thread, it tells OP’s situation more.

@shane1, if you still needs legal aid, here is some info from taipei city government. If there is a possibility kids are not yours, you better have a lawyer.

https://english.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=070404D5D37C7F1B&sms=8D46D966A8B7AE5A&s=9DA4736646F07EE1

If your job gives you a work based ARC, you don’t need to continue your marriage.

Several negative comments have been removed. As far as anyone knows, OP is a married man with evidence of his wife’s infidelity. He hasn’t specified that she is or isn’t pregnant, so we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.

When you find yourself in a difficult situation, It makes sense to gather information about your options and how they would affect the people around you.

My bad, I did not realize this was the same thread with the cheating wife one. In my defense, the other “what if I get divorced” thread I was referring to was neither of these two. It was the one where the guy wanted to protect his property in case his decision to marry the love of his life was a poor one.

Got it. My apologies to OP then. To be fair, he could explain his situation better as well. We can only go on the info we’re given in a particular thread. The additional details clarify things a bit more.