Masters in Education from overseas uni’s in Taiwan

Does anyone know of international universities offering Masters in education here in Taiwan? I’m interested in completing my Masters in education from an overseas university in Taiwan preferably USA, Canada, UK or Australia.
I’m not interested in a Taiwanese university or online or distant education. I’m looking for a university that gives maybe evening or weekend classes preferably in Taipei.
If anyone knows of any international universities with Masters available in Taiwan your help would be appreciated

[quote=“AmericanTai”]Does anyone know of international universities offering Masters in education here in Taiwan? I’m interested in completing my Masters in education from an overseas university in Taiwan preferably USA, Canada, UK or Australia.
I’m not interested in a Taiwanese university or online or distant education. I’m looking for a university that gives maybe evening or weekend classes preferably in Taipei.
If anyone knows of any international universities with Masters available in Taiwan your help would be appreciated[/quote]

You may wish to consider this thread. In particular this post and this post.

As a side note, I am currently completing by distance education my Masters with Monash University. I started this course in Australia, attending the university in person, but I’m finishing it by distance education. From the posts I’ve seen here, I have the horrible feeling that this means my degree will not be recognized by the MOE. Does anyone know if this is the case?

[quote]The study period shall be equal to the prescriptions of the equivalent schools in R.O.C. Holders of bachelor’s degrees conferred by domestic universities, if pursuing Master’s degree thereafter, they shall have studied in the respective school thereof for two full semesters or three full quarters. (Summer sessions are not considered.) The study period of Doctoral degrees shall be four full semesters or six full quarters. If pursuing Master’s degree and Doctoral degree consecutively, they shall have studied six full semesters or nine full quarters.

For those who do not fulfill the regulations of the preceding paragraph but whose total study period at the respective school reaches 8 months for the Master’s degree, 16 months for the Doctoral degree, or 24 months for both Master’s and Doctoral degrees, their degrees shall be recognized with their dissertations, individual publications or works.[/quote]
http://english.moe.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=445&ctNode=412&mp=1

This has been taken from the MOE website for Guidelines for the Screening of Qualification on Teachers of Junior Colleges or Higher Levels with Foreign Degrees.

I have also called the MOE in relation to the two full semesters required and they told me that the credits required should be equal to two thirds of the overall credits. Therefore you can only complete one third of your degree by distance learning.

Hopefully this will change in the future!! :ponder:

[quote=“AmericanTai”]This has been taken from the MOE website for Guidelines for the Screening of Qualification on Teachers of Junior Colleges or Higher Levels with Foreign Degrees.

I have also called the MOE in relation to the two full semesters required and they told me that the credits required should be equal to two thirds of the overall credits. Therefore you can only complete one third of your degree by distance learning.

Hopefully this will change in the future!! :ponder:[/quote]

Hmmm, thanks for that. I’ll have to see how much I completed in Australia. I think it was around 50%. :s