Masters in TESOL

I came to Taiwan with just a BA many years ago, then went to England to do an MA/TEFL. I have always had my university job, so the degree was just “for work”. But I enjoyed the break from teaching and studying for fun.

I know there are a few jobs at universities and colleges here in Taiwan. The main problem is the competition from locals with PHDs. So it’s possible, but not easy.

On the other hand, I recommend studying because you want to study, not because you have some economic or career goal in mind. If you are studying in something you are interested in, then you will have a much stronger motivation. You will also feel that you get much more out of your studies and educational experience. So choose something you like to learn; something that you are curious about and want to find out more.

Then, when you finish studying “for fun”,then think about what you want to do after that. Perhaps you will want to continue with teaching kids or private schools, or you might want to get into consulting or a higher level of tutoring/editing. There are many options if you have the motivation, experience, and the “credentials”.